Best way to clean an MVS

My MVS board could do with a clean (the board itself, I already cleaned the cart slot) - what is the best way to do this? Isopropyl? Paint brush?

Thanks!

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Warm soapy water, use very mild dish detergent & an a tooth brush. I rinse w/ a good bottled water I drink lol. Then I rinse with some 90% rubbing alcohol after most of the water is blow out with air duster.

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Topshelf dishwasher

Warm soapy water, use very mild dish detergent & an a tooth brush. I rinse w/ a good bottled water I drink lol. Then I rinse with some 90% rubbing alcohol after most of the water is blow out with air duster.

If you don't mind losing any paper stickers, washing your board typically does no harm in my experience. If you're going to all this effort i'd remove any socketed chips and clean the legs and set them aside first.

I tried the dishwasher method in my youth, and more recently have scrubbed a board with a toothbrush and dish detergent as well as a nice thick spray of water. Follow by rinsing and scrubbing the board with alcohol.

Use some dust off to blow any liquid out from under the chips & chip sockets. If you have a blow dryer that can be set on cool, you can use that as well but it's more of a follow up to compressed air than a complete solution imo. If it's a hot sunny day, never hurts to let your board sit in the sun on a clean dry surface for a few hours to really make sure it's dry if you have an urge to play it right away. :)

If you just want a light cleaning, just a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol will help a bit and dry almost instantly. A lightweight soft cloth or microfiber cloth soaked in alcohol also works well.

If you have a rusty MVS Metal shell and don't mind losing the stickers, can soak it in white vinegar (just the shell) for a couple hours to a day and the rust will rinse and scrub right off if it even needs any scrubbing at all. A vinegar soak works for any rust problems that I'm aware of (including old tools, etc).

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Probably best to remove any batteries before commencing water based washes though...