MVS cartridge slot repair?

retronerd

New Challenger
I have problem with my consolised MVS!
for example Fatal Fury 2 boots every time. Other games like Real bout 2 take some fiddiling to get booting.
I just got an 120 n 1 Cart and that doesnt boot either so maybe the problem is in my cartridge slot?
iEVisH4.jpg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Cart slot looks fine, it's probably just dirty, or your carts are dirty.

A quick way to clean is to use a cartridge. Clean it with alcohol and cotton swabs, then wet those clean cart connectors in alcohol, use it to scrub the slot, then repeat cleaning off the cart with cotton swabs. Continue until the cartridge comes out clean.

retronerd

New Challenger
Cart slot looks fine, it's probably just dirty, or your carts are dirty.

A quick way to clean is to use a cartridge. Clean it with alcohol and cotton swabs, then wet those clean cart connectors in alcohol, use it to scrub the slot, then repeat cleaning off the cart with cotton swabs. Continue until the cartridge comes out clean.
Thanks!iw ill try that with Isopropanol:)

retronerd

New Challenger
Ive follwed your tip but no luck:( Multicart 120-in 1 (brand new got it today) and real bout special doesnt boot. stuck with these screens.
KaIQwIr.jpg
dqGv9PL.jpg
jTGhExC.jpg

Fatal fury real bout special and multicart has more pins then the other working games.. Can it be the pins thats bad?

retronerd

New Challenger
i got real bout fatal fury special working:) maybe my multicart was defective?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
If your original cart works without issues, and your 120 does not work at all, I think the cart is at fault. You can get another original cart to test further, there are many good games you can get on MVS for $15 or $20. Another idea is: which power adapter are you using? IIRC the multicarts require more power than original carts, if you power supply is not enough, that might be it. I think the MV1C requires at least 1A to work fine, I'd go with a bit more than that.

Regards.

retronerd

New Challenger
If your original cart works without issues, and your 120 does not work at all, I think the cart is at fault. You can get another original cart to test further, there are many good games you can get on MVS for $15 or $20. Another idea is: which power adapter are you using? IIRC the multicarts require more power than original carts, if you power supply is not enough, that might be it. I think the MV1C requires at least 1A to work fine, I'd go with a bit more than that.

Regards.
Im still going to buy originals, but i think its handy to have many games on one cart.
Im using 5v 2A is that enough?

retronerd

New Challenger
Its working:) It was my power supply 2a wasnt enough so i used an ATX power supply and it booted on first try:)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Its working:) It was my power supply 2a wasnt enough so i used an ATX power supply and it booted on first try:)

2A is enough it's just that most cheap power supplies won't produce close to their rating without dropping voltage, this is why I recommend a 3A one so you have that buffer.