Steam Summer Picnic Sale

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Of the 21 SNK published items on Steam, all but three are on sale during the annual summer sale, and one of those that isn't is the F2P Metal Slug Defense. The ones that are are between 50 and 80% off.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
not SNK but I picked up both Hotline Miami games for like $5

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
That's about $34 more then the PC version is worth.

wait_wha.gif

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
It would be better to grab the humble bundle then buy the Neo games on steam.

KOF XIII is down to $4.99.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I just picked up:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth ($8.99) A friend from work kept telling be to check it out, so why not on sale?
Lords of the Fallen ($9.89) I can't play Dark Souls 3 yet on my current setup. Kinda a DS feel. Figured at this price, might keep me busy for a bit. Runs pretty well on my PC.
Rocket League ($11.99) I've been hearing a lot about how fun this game is. Time to find out!

Other games I'm REALLY tempted to buy, even though I might not be able to play them for a bit:
Fallout 4 ($29.99)
DOOM ($35.99)
The Witcher 3 ($24.99)
Dark Souls 3 ($44.99)

Others that should run just fine, just not sure if I want to bite:
Axiom Verge: ($11.99)
Toren ($3.49)
Hyper Light Drifter ($15.99)
Shovel Knight ($10.04)
Super Time Force Ultra ($5.09)
The Flame in the Flood ($13.99)

Any insight on any of the games I'm on the fence on would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I feel like as soon as I buy Axiom Verge it will be next months free PS-plus game.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I didn't see much I wanted that I didn't buy last week on the GOG sale. Was thinking about grabbing the left for dead and max payne bundles.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
*purchases more games that he wants to play, but inevitably never will because he has a job and a non-gamer girlfriend*

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
If anyone hasn't checked out Shaolin vs. Wutang, you've got to give it a shot. It's quite different from other fighting games, and it's not the deepest game, but it's a lot of fun if you like old martial arts movies.

Yun

New Challenger
I really liked Axiom Verge, but recently I bought a similar game that's better in every way: Environmental Station Alpha. Take a look at it if you haven't played already

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I tempted to get kof XIII but i probably wont play it much and nobody probably plays it online much either. Except some ppl that will probably wreckshop on me lol

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Was thinking about buying the new Doom but 36 is still kind of high. Maybe I'll wait till Black Friday to see if it drops to $25.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I just picked up:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth ($8.99) A friend from work kept telling be to check it out, so why not on sale?
Lords of the Fallen ($9.89) I can't play Dark Souls 3 yet on my current setup. Kinda a DS feel. Figured at this price, might keep me busy for a bit. Runs pretty well on my PC.
Rocket League ($11.99) I've been hearing a lot about how fun this game is. Time to find out!

Other games I'm REALLY tempted to buy, even though I might not be able to play them for a bit:
Fallout 4 ($29.99)
DOOM ($35.99)
The Witcher 3 ($24.99)
Dark Souls 3 ($44.99)

Others that should run just fine, just not sure if I want to bite:
Toren ($3.49)
Hyper Light Drifter ($15.99)
Shovel Knight ($10.04)
Super Time Force Ultra ($5.09)
The Flame in the Flood ($13.99)

Any insight on any of the games I'm on the fence on would be appreciated.

i'd wait on the aaa download titles since as they get older and less played they only get cheaper. if you cant get to playing them now, then just wait.

rocket league: fuck yeah rocket league! its incredible.
binding of issac: awesome, but gets difficult quick. great little twin stick shootie meets zelda game.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
If anyone hasn't checked out Shaolin vs. Wutang, you've got to give it a shot. It's quite different from other fighting games, and it's not the deepest game, but it's a lot of fun if you like old martial arts movies.

Wow, I checked this out and the sound and music alone made it an instant purchase! I can't believe I missed this somehow.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The Binding of Isaac is one of the best indi games on Steam. Great fun and addictive little shootie.

There are a few games I want to jump on. Probably the other Resident Evil games I'm missing, maybe Alien: Isolation.

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
managed to nab La Mulana and Axiom Verge when they ere about $5 a pop.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
i'd wait on the aaa download titles since as they get older and less played they only get cheaper. if you cant get to playing them now, then just wait.

rocket league: fuck yeah rocket league! its incredible.
binding of issac: awesome, but gets difficult quick. great little twin stick shootie meets zelda game.

Yeah, I'll probably wait on the AAA titles. But man, Far Cry 4 @ $20 is really tempting....

Rocket League is quickly turning into my new video game crack. Holy shit is this game super fun, nuts, stupid, addictive, fast paced, and over the top. I'm really glad I picked it up for $12. Seriously everyone on this site should check that game out, you'll be glad you did.

I still need to play some more Binding of Isaac, but can't seem to stop playing Rocket League.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Was thinking about buying the new Doom but 36 is still kind of high. Maybe I'll wait till Black Friday to see if it drops to $25.

Worth every penny if you don't want to wait.