Fatal Fury: Embers Fan Film On Kickstarter

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn it looks like it could turn pretty good, like that Shoto one, I can't remember the name of it but I thought it was pretty good. Would love to see Young Geese take down Jeff Bogard Wild Ambition style...that intro, it's just never going to get better than that first time watching it...

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, I believe it was called.

It was a pretty solid fan flick. Treated the IP with respect and you could tell superfans made it.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm on the fence for backing this, it looks pretty good but I am burnt out from kickstarter.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
my concern is calling it a 'fan film' usually means you have no rights to the ip.

even if you are just fundraising to make it happen and not taking any money for yourself, it leaves little recourse for the backers if it goes south with the ip owners... because money is involved.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
terry looks sweet, but mai looks a bit too much on the cosplay side of things. "a fatal fury movie that doesn't suck" fatal fury the animated movie is all i need.but just basing this on the actor they picked for terry, these people may know what they're doing. hope it turns out good.

edit: on second thought, a fatal fury live action movie done right would be a dream come true for me. can't wait to see how things turn out. will be following this closely.

Last edited:

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
my concern is calling it a 'fan film' usually means you have no rights to the ip.

even if you are just fundraising to make it happen and not taking any money for yourself, it leaves little recourse for the backers if it goes south with the ip owners... because money is involved.

Very true, look at what happened recently with Axanar the Star Trek Fan film.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
It honestly doesnt look that bad. I just dont get the legality of something like this at all though.

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Actually, it looks like this thing might get funded. The project as seen a major bump in support since your posting of it, OP.

I just wish they would have supplied even a half-way finished fight scene to help earn some confidence. The SF and MK fan-movies worked well because the action was serviceable enough. Characters and costumes look good enough, I just hope the action is there and the CG doesn't look too out of place.

Llama

Armored Scrum Object
This is gaining traction! I'm definitely putting money in, just trying to figure out which package I want to get in on.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I tend to agree with the last 3 posts, this has potential. But it's a bummer we don't get to see any pictures out of the movie or indicating what it is going to look like. It would've gone a long way to get a trailer with a short fight scene ready to push this Kickstarter. As of now, it's more of a pig in a poke situation.