BenQ GL2460HM Input Lag

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So the tv i use for gaming crapped out on me and i wanted to replace it with a monitor. Trying to keep it in the my budget of $140. The BenQ GL2460hm is looking pretty good but im trying to find out the input lag on this before i go through with it. Cant find this model on the usual databases i look at. Anyone have this monitor and happen to know?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Still couldnt find it on a lagtest site but after looking at different review sites i found this in the product description incase anyone else is looking for the same answer.

"The BenQ GL2460HM is a solid gaming monitor as well, thanks to the quick 2ms (gray-to-gray) pixel response and 10,5ms input lag (measured using Leo Bodnar Video Signal Lag Tester), users will get to enjoy smooth gaming experience with this display and fire commands in the keyboard with faster monitor response....."

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I looked, it was not sited on that database
Plus on my second post i found the input lag number

It's the new EVO monitor.

http://gaming.benq.com/gaming-monitor/rl2460ht

A new gaming feature, Fighting Mode, was co-developed with fighting game legend, Justin "JWong" Wong of Evil Geniuses. It enables gamers to highlight battle characters with special colors.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX51453

Endorsement! :p

So there is a new evo monitor by benq? Damn, i know the RL2455hm was the ticket, but a new one? hmmmmm.
The one i was looking for was GL2460hm. Maybe its a watered down version cause it only has one hdmi input and no outputs. The GL2460hm goes for about $130 shipped on amazon when i was looking into it, so that def isnt the evo version. I ended up finding the old Asus Evo monitor for dirt cheap. But always have my eyes open for a cheap benq model too

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
They play on 24 inches monitors at EVO? O_O

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
yep, its the standard, of course they throw it on a big screen for onlookers

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
They play on 24 inches monitors at EVO? O_O

Yea, the smaller the LCD screen the lower the lag.

And the FGC guys are super lag sensitive over there, yet refuse to play on CRT.

:lolz: Go figure.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Yeah, crt would be the best way to go lag free. But try carrying those bitches around for tournaments and casual play gatherings. Plus its a business, whichever company sponsors with monitors gets money because ppl will drop money to get the exact setup to practice for evo. Im just happy to get a low lag input monitor for a cheap price. I dont do evo but i have many friends that take it seriously and that kind of stuff matters to them. Im more of the lets fuck around on the game and drink/get drunk while playing

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Relevant fighters aren't/will no longer be on consoles that output analog video so going LOL NO CRT FGC is a moot point.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah, crt would be the best way to go lag free. But try carrying those bitches around for tournaments and casual play gatherings. Plus its a business, whichever company sponsors with monitors gets money because ppl will drop money to get the exact setup to practice for evo. Im just happy to get a low lag input monitor for a cheap price. I dont do evo but i have many friends that take it seriously and that kind of stuff matters to them. Im more of the lets fuck around on the game and drink/get drunk while playing

No excuses if the stinky ass Smash community brings CRT to every tournament. I bring my arcade cabs...The new FGC people are just watered down just like their fighting games.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I have a BenQ RL2755 that I just picked up from Micro Center on sale last week. It's an older monitor, but works phenominal for gaming. I played a lot of Counter Strike and it worked perfect. I imagine that model you have works better.

The really cool thing about mine, and i'm sure the model you are looking at is much nicer, are plenty..

Pros:

1. Gaming looks great, and there are different pre-made setups for fighters, shooters, RPG's, movie mode, etc. The fighting mode looks top notch with my neo geo via XRGB, seriously 100 times better than the old LCD tv I was using before. In Counter Strike, which was shit on my old tv, everyone blended in the enviroment, and I couldn't see a damn thing, it is crisp, and easy to see everything.

2. There is a mode that is easy on the eyes, for regular web browsing. Since I spend a ton of time on my PC for school with programming projects, then gaming and movies, this is a god send. I seriously don't know how I lived without it. My headaches take much longer to set in, and my contacts dry out slower. That may not be relevant to you.

3. All the menu buttons are on the front, and is super easy to navigate, everything is labeled what every button does as you navigate the menu.

4. There's a decent headphone lever on the back for resting a headset.

5. The base of the monitor, fits xbox and PS3/4 controller perfect, it is made to do so, and has an anti-grip texture.

6. Also I havent tested yet, but I believe there is a headphone jack on the monitor, because it comes with a headphone cord. I believe you just plug that cord in the monitor, and the PC, then can hook a headset up to the monitor. Which if I read the manual right, and it works, would be nice. Effing around with PC sound setting can get frustrating.

Cons:

1. The sound is quiet, and no bass, you will want dedicated speakers, but if you are PC gaming, obviously a monitor is not ideal for sound.

I picked my RL2755 on sale at micro center for $200.00 even. Lower than amazon. They didn't have any vertical monitors for programming/taited games, under $600.00. So I just asked if they stocked BenQ stuff, and they said they actually had some in the back, just not on the floor. After they told me the price I bought it immediately.

I have heard that movies don't look good on these, because they are made for console gaming, but mine looks fine. I hear the newer models are taited, and I may pick up a second in the future, but I couldn't pass up $200.00 for a gaming monitor. I am very happy to say the least.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
No excuses if the stinky ass Smash community brings CRT to every tournament. I bring my arcade cabs...The new FGC people are just watered down just like their fighting games.
Smash runs on consoles outputting analog. Hooking them up to a LCD would cause lag due to analog-digital conversion + deinterlacing. PS3 and 360 could in theory be run on CRT since they have onboard analog output, but anything people will be playing on PS4 or XB1 (which don't have analog) would need to pass through some converter (whom no one who takes fighters seriously would trust, rightfully so) to spit out an analog signal.

1f of lag on the Evo monitors is certainly >0, however it's pretty widely accepted as tournament grade. I'm sure the TOs appreciate not having to lug CRTs around, and I bet if there were some magical way to have Smash output to an Evo monitor with the same 1f of lag, all the Smash TOs would be glad to switch.

FWIW in my experience with BenQ monitors, those marketed towards gamers do have very low lag (as long as you're not being stupid and using VGA or something like that). @AJTheMishima, the response time statistic describes how much ghosting appears when there's movement, but isn't related to input lag. Unfortunately monitor manufacturers just don't put out statistics of "__ ms between receiving signal -> displaying it" and a lot of people get tripped up by response time and assume that's what that is. Any time I see someone all "My monitor has 2ms, no lag bro" I just roll my eyes.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Aren't these all TN panels though?

Won't be good for taters

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I've used TN in tate before. Not all are equal but some are just fine actually. And I mean really fine and not "can see most of the screen but yeah part is inverted and you have to hold your head perfectly still in the middle"