Sega Saturn HSS 0130 to USB

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza

Waiwainl

n00b
If you can afford an HSS0130, why not just buy them both (player 1 and 2)?

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
Well, the fact that back in the day I had the money to spend on this stick doesn't imply I have the money to buy two different adapters and try them out, today. You know what I mean.

Also, I have no player 2. My wife is not ready to test a Street Fighter with me, neither I do have friends to do so.

But hey, thanks for your comment :), I didn't think about it and it's a good idea to have them both and test them.

If you can afford an HSS0130, why not just buy them both (player 1 and 2)?

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
I have been happily using this Saturn-to-USB adapter: "SS Controller Adapter for PC USB" that I bought from Amazon for $13.99 - http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Sega-Saturn-Controller-Adapter/dp/B0089O10BC

41AkB71aGgL._SX425_.jpg

It's got two Saturn controller ports, and leads to a single USB plug. Works great on my Mac with all the emulators that I have. Both controllers work right out of the box without any drivers or other nonsense. I bought two because I like them so much and they are cheap.

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
I have been happily using this Saturn-to-USB adapter: "SS Controller Adapter for PC USB" that I bought from Amazon for $13.99 -

+1 to this.

OP, forget about those ugly Hori RAPES, you can't go wrong with a Sega Stick such as the HSS-0130, best console arcade stick ever.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was just thinking about how to build a Saturn to USB adapter and there's one for half the price it would cost me in parts. Dayum.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I was just thinking about how to build a Saturn to USB adapter and there's one for half the price it would cost me in parts. Dayum.

lol, FGW adapter + 360 pad hack = success, but seriously would cost like $50 + in parts.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd probably go with FGW to zero delay for standard USB, but that would still be about $30, and only work with one controller.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
OP, forget about those ugly Hori RAPES, you can't go wrong with a Sega Stick such as the HSS-0130, best console arcade stick ever.
THIS is a console arcade stick:
SAM_0256.jpg

chinitosoccer

Camel Slug
Well it certainly falls under the category "console stick", is that thing yours? or you just grabbed the picture from the interwebs? that poor Vader....I like the button layout though.

Last edited:

julencin2000

Dodgeball Yakuza
I have been happily using this Saturn-to-USB adapter: "SS Controller Adapter for PC USB" that I bought from Amazon for $13.99 - http://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-Sega-Saturn-Controller-Adapter/dp/B0089O10BC

<snip>

It's got two Saturn controller ports, and leads to a single USB plug. Works great on my Mac with all the emulators that I have. Both controllers work right out of the box without any drivers or other nonsense. I bought two because I like them so much and they are cheap.

Oh great, I didn't notice it accepts two Saturn controllers, perfect for my 0130.

+1 to this.

Truth is it's beautiful, I can't find any stick more attractive than this.

I'd probably go with FGW to zero delay for standard USB, but that would still be about $30, and only work with one controller.

So we're assuming the mayflash adapter has some lag? Game breaking lag or bearable?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

good thinking, especially if you only want PC compatibility. issue is, it probably won't be compatible with SFV on pc at launch since the game will only support xinput controllers.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Oh snap, good point. Need dat Xinput.

As far as lag goes, with Mayflash it's hard to tell. Some of their adapters have small lag, others are fine. For $13 I'd go ahead and buy it and see. I've bought a few of their adapters, and the only one that I didn't use was the NES to Wii controller adapters, the lag made a lot of NES games unplayable.