Anyone purchase these new AES softcases?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yes, please give the bootleggers money. Help them ruin the hobby even more.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I wonder if they reproduced the shit quality of the original. If so, they will have repeat customers every few years. Genius!

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I wonder if they reproduced the shit quality of the original. If so, they will have repeat customers every few years. Genius!

Two of my AES cases are really bad so that I bought few of them. I like the quality of those repro cases. Not bad at all.

IMG_2597.JPG
IMG_2596.JPG
IMG_2595.JPG

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Are the MVS ones the same dimensions as the homecart ones? That's kinda cool for people who use mvs carts via converter and want to commingle their games.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
it's supposed to use the same shell, just the internal box is MVS or AES.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
They look good. Is the internal plastic thicker than stock, LS?

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Like stated what everyone is mostly concerned about these cases is this: Is the inner plastic tray more durable than the original? Does it break as easy as the original does?

Further questions for the AEShole collector (including myself) are:

How do they look side by side with an original old style case? What are the differences when compared to an original one? Will we be able to distinguish these if the market gets flooded by them and Egayers start selling "minty" NOS games but the cases are actually these repros?

Perfect for loose carts or to replace ugly beat up cases but I can see why some people would be concerned about these.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
If they made repro snaplock cases I would replace all my neo games with those and trash all the old school cases.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Regarding to repro softcase, quality of inner case is very similar to original one. Inner plastic tray isnt built for durability. No matter how careful you are (unless you are collector and never want to touch AES cartridge), inner tray will start showing some cracks around the corners. Good thing is you can purchase inner tray seperately these days.

I also got their snapcase as well and im a happy camper that i dont keep asking and searching forum and ebay for spare case. Quality is good as well.

As long as insert, manual and cart board are legit, i dont mind to have repro case. It's just a case.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
If they made repro snaplock cases I would replace all my neo games with those and trash all the old school cases.

Did you know in the 90s, you can request SNK to print old title inserts (crossed swords, burning fight) in snapcase size for $1 each?
I didnt know that until someone told me later. Otherwise ill replace them all just like what you have in mind.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
FYI, Shawn sells the snapcases too and he said they will be in this month or February. Cheaper too.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
FYI, Shawn sells the snapcases too and he said they will be in this month or February. Cheaper too.

Do you have a link to that statement/thread?

Forgot to ask probably the most important question: Do they have that distinctive SNK case smell?

ChrisB

Another Striker
First page has the repro snaplock case (scroll down):

http://www.neooldstore.com/accessories-1/

I've also contacted the seller with my questions raised above. Let's see what he comes back with.

Also on that snaplock case question he has this video link:

Thats interesting buddy, would be interesting to hear what they come back with. I have a couple of broken snaplock cases (orginal) i could do with replacing. Broken claps on both
Keep us informed plz