Anyone experienced this before? (Fuel covered game)

Phexe

Quiz Detective
Hey all,

I just received my copy of WindJammers (Flying Power Disc JP ver/MVS) from a Korean Seller, and it overpoweringly stunk of petrol/diesel fuel.

It like it was dipped in the stuff then dried. The label had fallen off (due in part I guess to the Diesel bath).

I've spent the last hour or so cleaning it with a old soft-headed toothbrush&rag and some soap, then rinsing it with soft water and drying with a hairdryer. Its now out sitting in the sun, to finish drying.

Was just wonder if anyone has heard of/experienced anyone doing this?

Cheers!

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
One time I bought some MVS carts from some dude in Australia, and they showed up like that. When I tried to make a stink about it, he came over and got lippy with my mom while I hid in the attic.

Speed3

Marked Wolf
One time I bought some MVS carts from some dude in Australia, and they showed up like that. When I tried to make a stink about it, he came over and got lippy with my mom while I hid in the attic.

image.jpeg

Was he known to be named as THE LIQUIDATOR?

overpoweringly stunk of petrol/diesel fuel.

Should have tried to light it on fire to see if it was really petrol/diesel.
Was it an eBay seller? I've only ordered one JP MVS game from a Korean seller and didn't have this issue.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
What is soft water?
not hard? like distilled or filtered at least maybe ran through salt or somesuch?
just something like that to try to avoid mineral deposits which could make things worse than before cleaning.

Cosmoline.jpg

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

Holy shit I laughed so hard at this that now I'm having to explain "what's so funny" and there is really no easy way to explain it. I started off with this guy fixed some Chinese bootlegs and then gave up :-)

Phexe

Quiz Detective
What is soft water?

It's water that has been filtered to remove stuff in it (You shouldn't drink it).

Should have tried to light it on fire to see if it was really petrol/diesel.
Was it an eBay seller? I've only ordered one JP MVS game from a Korean seller and didn't have this issue.

Yeah an eBay seller, I sent a message to him.

And that never happened, I really hope one day you deal with the guy and he fucks you over & talks shit about you. :)

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So this is a thread asking if anyone else has encountered a game covered in diesel fuel?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yes, genious, isn't it.

It's Windjammers, so...
Spoiler:
83d0a2f9383fd9e89e36c4883314f076.500x197x20.gif

Also: Ban Phexe Now?

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
Clean it with electric contact cleaner or Dynamite RC Nitro Force if you have a hobby shop near you. The Dynamite gets dried fuel and sludge off my nitro RCs real well, so it will probably work with diesel fuel. It's also safe on plastic.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Clean it with electric contact cleaner or Dynamite RC Nitro Force if you have a hobby shop near you. The Dynamite gets dried fuel and sludge off my nitro RCs real well, so it will probably work with diesel fuel. It's also safe on plastic.

Electric contact cleaner is also great for refurbishing old Pioneer stereo equipment. But you still need to use foam to dampen internal vibrations, and of course add feet.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I agree. Electric contact cleaner did the trick to cleaning up my 1978 Sears Solid State 8-track AM/FM Stereo Receiver.

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
Electric contact cleaner is also great for refurbishing old Pioneer stereo equipment. But you still need to use foam to dampen internal vibrations, and of course add feet.

Ah, of course! I will try that, thanks. Then all I'd need to do is switch out the speakers I cut up with a knife due to the foams rotting.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Ah, of course! I will try that, thanks. Then all I'd need to do is switch out the speakers I cut up with a knife due to the foams rotting.

Don't forget to zip-tie any loose wires together, as well. You gotta tidy things up while you're in there. Good luck!

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
Don't forget to zip-tie any loose wires together, as well. You gotta tidy things up while you're in there. Good luck!

Lol, thanks. I'll dig in this winter break and make it all nice and clean.

something tells me i'm being played.... eh, whatever.