Awesome NEO GEO Humble Bundle, buy and benefit the charity of your choice

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
any amount unlocks MS2. over $10 unlocks MSX.

x > 2.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Humble Bundle releases NeoGeo 25th anniversary Bundle

Popular website Humble Bundle just released a huge package of Neo Geo games as standalone games, DRM free. Which games you get depend on how much you donate.

https://www.humblebundle.com/

Included in the list

ART OF FIGHTING 2
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
KING OF THE MONSTERS
METAL SLUG 2
SAMURAI SHODOWN II
SENGOKU 3
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000
BASEBALL STARS 2

Donate at least $8.53 and you'll also get

THE LAST BLADE
PULSTAR
METAL SLUG
METAL SLUG 3
SHOCK TROOPERS
NEO TURF MASTERS
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION
TWINKLE STAR SPRITES
Neo Geo 25th Anniversary Soundtrack

Finally, if you donate $10 or more you also get

TROOPERS: 2nd SQUAD
SAMURAI SHODOWN V SPECIAL
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
METAL SLUG X
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH

There's also a 25th anniversary themed Metal Slug T shirt for those that pay $40.

I can also confirm that the version of 5 Special in the package is the full uncensored version. However, the Neo Geo games are really just rom dumps with emulation shells and right now doesn't have online play. Even so it's a steal considering some of the games on here.

Last edited:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Bah, my bad. I figured a topic existed for it already. I just didn't see any in the news section. I can't seem to find a delete thread link to get rid of this topic.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I'm confused. What am I getting here? Just the ability to play these games in my browser? Access to a local emu version for Mac/PC/Android? This is definitely the oddest HB I've ever seen. There's really zero info at all on what you're actually getting... and LOL, that shirt. No thanks. Wouldn't splurge $20 on that.

I love kicking cash at Humble Bundles, but this one is sort of too out there for me... Oh, and, I already got teh romz, and teh cartz.

Edit: OK, I see there is a download for PC/Mac/Linux and Play in Chrome/Firefox option under each. I probably should have seen that sooner. I did fire up one of the demos. Plays nice in the browser.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I got the 10 dollar pack. The steam games are great. They were well worth the price of admission alone. But the browser based games, are pretty shitty. The button mapping is stupid, you can't even bind keys and there's no 2 player.

Now anyone confused, the non-steam games that are available you can download them or you can play em in your browser.

Randomsense

New Challenger
I also picked up the $10 bundle. I figured the soundtrack might be cool and its nice to have the games in one place with easy access even if the emulation is a bit sloppy. Besides the jump from $8.87 to $10 isn't much.

I'm curious what they will be adding to the bundle.

Last edited:

jugu

New Challenger
Was about to post this deal, but did a search and found a couple threads.

How are these versions? Arcade faithful?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

You can play a 2 minute demo of each game. Try em out for yourself.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I got the $40 with the shirt.

I downloaded Garou real fast. The Windows installer version.

It's DotEmu.

However, the worst offender I've seen so far is that you can't remap your gamepad normally. It locks you to the Neo Geo CD layout. It looks like you might be able to jump through your own butthole and change things up in gamecontrollerdb.txt, but I'm not going to do that right now.

Still, $40 for the UMs on Steam and a shirt is a good deal. I'm going to give the UMs as Xmas presents. (You also get Steam keys for the Metal Slugs.)

Last edited:

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I'm confused. What am I getting here? Just the ability to play these games in my browser? Access to a local emu version for Mac/PC/Android? This is definitely the oddest HB I've ever seen. There's really zero info at all on what you're actually getting... and LOL, that shirt. No thanks. Wouldn't splurge $20 on that.

I love kicking cash at Humble Bundles, but this one is sort of too out there for me... Oh, and, I already got teh romz, and teh cartz.

Edit: OK, I see there is a download for PC/Mac/Linux and Play in Chrome/Firefox option under each. I probably should have seen that sooner. I did fire up one of the demos. Plays nice in the browser.

You're helping both SNKP and Charity.
isn't that enough ?

MadAsgardian

Rugal's Thug

You can test the in-browser games, hit play and you've got a two minute trial. I tried King of Monsters and it had some weird soundtrack that sounded more hi-fidelity than it should (but I've not played the actual game).

MadAsgardian

Rugal's Thug

Depending on the tier you choose, you also get Steam keys for the games which are on Steam (Metal Slug, Metal Slug X, Metal Slug 3, KOF98, KOF2002).

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Free Metal Slug 3 Steam code for the cheapskates out there:

KM893-5RYXT-TIMDZ

Elder

NEST Puppet
Thanks for sharing. Totally worth it to help out SNKP and charity at the same time. Looking forward to getting that shirt :)

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Man... You all trying to make me feel bad... For all you folks that are just getting into these games, this is a killer deal. No doubt about it.

I've played these games for damn near 20 years now. Probably quite a few folks here that have played them even more.

I've bought, sold, bought, sold, bought again every MVS game worth owning, and way too many that weren't.

I've played these games via emulation, ports to other consoles, virtual center ports, SNK Station rehashed roms, NEO GEO X, MOTHERFUCKA.

I've given SNKP a lot of love, money, and time.

I've played every one of these games more than I care to admit, and still own every single one of them in MVS form.

I have an MVS cabinet in my living room. I was playing Crossed Swords 2 and Mark of the Wolves this weekend.

I don't really give two shits about this Humble Bundle, but love HBs in general.

And no, I don't really give a shit if SNKP blows up tomorrow and never makes another game. Actually, I kind of wish they would.

What camp does that put me in? Is that enough to satiate your posts? Maybe. Either way... Have fun with teh ROMZZZZZ!

Last edited:

MadAsgardian

Rugal's Thug
What camp does that put me in? Is that enough to satiate your posts? Maybe. Either way... Have fun with teh ROMZZZZZ!

It's your cash, whatever floats your boat. The Steam games, however, are not just teh romz -- they're enhanced ports with extra features. The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, for example, regularly goes for $14.99 on Steam and includes online multiplayer.

Maybe not compelling content for folks who own the game several times over, but a fun way to support charity and fly your SNK flag.