Gamesack Neo-Geo aes&mvs Episode

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
yeah it's about time sadsack gives their brain-dead legion something new to "get into".

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Nice, i liked their Neo Geo CD episode as well.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Excellent episode. They covered just about all the official releases that matter.

Yeah right, who cares about Windjammers, Pulstar, Viewpoint, Last Blade or Art of Fighting? Just to name a few... so it's far from "just about all", it's rather "almost none of".

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Yeah right, who cares about Windjammers, Pulstar, Viewpoint, Last Blade or Art of Fighting? Just to name a few... so it's far from "just about all", it's rather "almost none of".

They preferred to cover FF2 instead of FFS. That alone is already bad enough.
At least they cared about the system tho. NGX or NGCD weren't good examples to "show" Neo Geo.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
There is something very irritating about these two.

I still occasionally watch their vids though :\

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler

I think the irritation comes from the fact that the content just feels like its a bit thrown together. They pick some games, talk about why they like them a bit, and point out a few random facts. I enjoy watching it, but its almost like mindless video game entertainment

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

Dave knows jack shit besides Kirby and other Nintendo stuff.
"NitD came only in Japan" ... go figure ;)

Speed3

Marked Wolf
I enjoyed the episode. I'm a subscriber and I catch each episode of game sack. In a way I wish Neo Geo got more press but I realize that the down side of that means the already high prices will inflate even more.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
damn tha was a long video. and I wonder if this kind of attention further increases prices, since more ppl remember "Ah yeah, there was that Neo Geo, why not getting one.... and some games" :oh_no: ... sigh...

city41

Aero Fighters Flyboy
10 Year Member
This was one of their better recent episodes. I liked the range of covered games. They always insist on playing their games on real hardware, so I'm assuming this episode was powered by a multicart. I'm also curious if Joe's NTM is real.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
damn tha was a long video. and I wonder if this kind of attention further increases prices, since more ppl remember "Ah yeah, there was that Neo Geo, why not getting one.... and some games" :oh_no: ... sigh...

It's definitely going to happen more...you've got so many of these same people dropping 200 on Earthbound, only a matter of time until the Neo Geo becomes an attractive offer. Not to mention many collectors are collecting to be part of an exclusive group half the time and this is definitely an attractive niche to get into for those folks.

As for their videos I don't mind them. I like that they cover a nice variety of topics in their series. I think their "playful banter" I guess you'd call it, feels rather forced at times and they should just stick to covering the topics. I sometimes cringe when I see them acting out something.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah I'd doubt the NTM is legit, I just re-watched the opening and saw they did have an MVS and some MVS carts, so I guess it's plausible that they didn't use a multicart. I generally dig their videos, though their canned banter between each other seems to fall flat more often than not.

Redguard

New Challenger

Ok, I'll give you Pulsar, Viewpoint, Windjammers, and The Last Bade games, but that's about it. Art of Fighting was always second banana to Fatal Fury. Stikers 1945 Plus and Alpha Mission 2 would have been nice to see.

Last edited:

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I only watched for the Star Wars like lightning effects.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Solid ep but agreed that FFS is sorely missing. Even a quick mention would have been nice.

Also this is me personally (obviously) but I wish they highlighted the KotM and WH games. They did mention World Heroes in a quick throwaway joke bit though.

I like Game Sack, but content wise I much prefer Happy Console Gamer and especially My Life In Gaming, Gaming Historian and Stop Skeletons From Fighting. My main gripe with GS is their lack of vocabulary. Too much of the commentary is "the graphics are good and the music is pretty good." Seriously, it's very noticeable now that they've gone to a weekly format. They also tend to repeat phrases like "It's alright I guess, it's nothing special but you could do a whole lot worse" or some variation of that lingo. It's not a deal breaker for me but it gets old hearing that 3x in the same video! lol

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
johnny millenium is a great addition to the youtube gamer community, but derek alexander could get a little annoying.his knowledge on hidden gems is great but his over all reviews can be questionable. derek has a way of trying to make an under rated game look good by bringing up the flaws of another under appreciated game.and he can come off a little pretentious with all that suave cool street talk.but once you get pass that his videos are entertaining and detailed.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Art of Fighting was always second banana to Fatal Fury.

Subjective opinions do not matter here. It was the first game to feature the later trademark zoom in/out magic, had the biggest Sprites, too. Alone from a historical point of view it's practically obligatory to mention it, we're talking '92 here. By the way, Last Resort is also non existing, but they featured Tomaday. Well, that's what happens, if painfully commercial morons insist on being original...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I like GameSack but I agree that they are cranking the episodes out too fast and that the quality is taking a hit. The problem is that they are trying to do it for a living. Dave used to be a FedEx delivery driver and Joe finally convinced him to quit his job and do Game Sack full time. Under those circumstances there is tremendous pressure to crank out as many episodes as possible. 4 episodes per month instead of 2 doesn't just mean twice the revenue.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Game talk show, full time? This isn't The Simpsons or M.A.S.H.

This shit isn't gonna last 20yrs, and it's nothing to build a life around.

And lol @ the majority of posts, save ASID.

"...they left this out, got this factoid wrong, missed these touchstone games-and the banter is grating.
Once you get past this, tho...the show is alright!"

No.

No it is not. You wanna do this for a living? Step your fucking game up.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The problem is that they are trying to do it for a living.

lol holy shit, seriously?!

No way is anyone with half of a fucking brain going to pay these two dolts to make videos about old video games.

That's the funniest shit I've heard all day, thank you.