Big Red on Location: What Games to Stock it With?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Exhibit A:
e8e1a5b8-02ba-47d9-8c62-9162d99ff1fd_zpsip8t3j8s.jpg

My Big Red four-slot as some of you know is set up at my friend's tabletop game store. It is set on freeplay, and I always try to keep it stocked with games that will interest new players, see the photo above, to the machine.

As of right now the line up is: MS2, Bust a Move, Money Puzzle Exchanger and Last Blade 1.

Last Blade 1 gets zero play time. I keep it there because I play it. Every time a challenger appears it's feels like I'm beating up the handicapped. I need to swap it out. I'm thinking of putting in Aero Fighters 2. Of course this would mean a Neo cab with no fighting games. Sacrilege, I know.

Thought I would pose this question to the forum as to what your ideas are for the ideal four game lineup would be in Big Red that faces the challenge of ignorant millennials that equate Bust a Move to Candy Crush.

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
That cab looks way too nice to let others abuse.....errrrr....I mean.......use it.

Take it home and enjoy LB1.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
That cab looks way too nice to let others abuse.....errrrr....I mean.......use it.

Take it home and enjoy LB1.

Nah, that cab is built tough!

I've already got four machines at my house and a Goldie at my parents so... The Big Red is an outdoor dog :vik:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Take out Last Blade and put in Samurai Shodown II, take out MPE and put in Aero Fighters 2.

My four would be SS2, BBS2, MS2, and VP.

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Take out Last Blade and put in Samurai Shodown II, take out MPE and put in Aero Fighters 2.

My four would be SS2, BBS2, MS2, and VP.

What....no Pulstar?

I agree SamSho 2 should be in there.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Windjammers, a shooter, a fighter, and a Slug.

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
Windjammers, Slug X, KOF 98 and NITD or Neo Drift Out.

Last edited:

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I've tried Windjammers and Nightmare in the Dark, both flopped. I've had the machine there for a few years and my Goldie before it, and I have found that many notable high dollar games don't always mesh with great unwashed.

Sam Sho 2 may be a better entry level fighting game than Last Blade. MPE I just put in the machine and the younglings seem to respond well to anime waifus, so I may let that one ruminate a bit more.

Edit: Choices should also be games that you yourself as Neo-Geo Forum members would actually stop and play.

Last edited:

420p

King's Dry Cleaner
I've tried Windjammers and Nightmare in the Dark, both flopped. I've had the machine there for a few years and my Goldie before it, and I have found that many notable high dollar games don't always mesh with great unwashed.

Sam Sho 2 may be a better entry level fighting game than Last Blade. MPE I just put in the machine and the younglings seem to respond well to anime waifus, so I may let that one ruminate a bit more.
Hardcore, that Windjammers didn't work out. There are seriously people, who don't like Windjammers?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I did, Bust-a-move, MS1, Shock-troopers and SSV. SSV was great as the character roster is larger, plus ppl like the graphics.

**Top Hunter did a decent job.

Ones that did not work for me, Spinmasters, LB2, neoturf and baseball stars 2.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
drift out is always a winner.

svc might get some play if only for the sf characters.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
if you're doing it to peak the interest of new player. i would go with games that are easy to learn but hard to master and show off the capabilities of the system such as kof 98,metal slug 2/x,real bout special and puzzle bobble.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Slug 2
Bust a Move
MOTW
Blazing Star

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
This format. I'd go with NTM, Samsho II, MSX, and Magical Drop III.

Replace Magical Drop III with a shooter and I can sign off on this one. NTM should be in there no matter what. I'd leave it in there even if I were the only one playing it. The fact that they didn't like Windjammers says a lot. None of it good.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
SamSho2 and Windjammers!

SamSho2 rules Steve's Korean BBQ Berkeley CA all day.

At least it did in 98 when I ate there every other meal.

EllertMichael

Mickey's Coach
ignorant millennials that equate Bust a Move to Candy Crush.

I feel like these kids are gonna be more attracted to what they already recognize, or at the very least an art style that already appeals to them (MPE, for example). Personally, I wouldn't trust them touching (abusing) my cab :D

Twinkle Star Sprites
Neo Bomberman
SVC Chaos (with Move Strip)
Crossed Swords/Metal Slug X

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I feel like these kids are gonna be more attracted to what they already recognize, or at the very least an art style that already appeals to them (MPE, for example). Personally, I wouldn't trust them touching (abusing) my cab :D

Twinkle Star Sprites
Neo Bomberman
SVC Chaos (with Move Strip)
Crossed Swords/Metal Slug X

Oh man, good choice on Neo Bomberman.