Spinmasters

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So after playing Spinmasters all this week, I have come to the conclusion that it's what Joe and Mac 2 should have been instead of the Bubble Bobble ripoff that it became. The gameplay is almost exactly like Caveman Ninja, even has a charge attack. All in all, I like Spinmasters, and I don't care if you don't. Discuss, flame, etc.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
It rocks. PERIOD.
It's also a cool game when you want to go for high-scores.

There's tons of tricks to increase your score.
A sequel on the Neo would have been lovely.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I find it's a good game to show your friends who think what you do with your spare time is shit.

It's nice to look at, easy to control and instantly accessible. Everything a good woman should be.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Simple & deep at the same time, 2player mode included, button-mashing till spasms appear & tonz 'o' gunz as Gang Starr would put it... well, a perfect arcade bonanza.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think it's a great game, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the best platformer in the Neo's huge platformer library. Short game, pretty easy, but it's just good ole fun. Graphics are pretty good for a 1993 release too. I can't see how anyone wouldn't like it, unless they're not into platformers. Still reasonably priced on the MVS unlike some other games that have skyrocketed over the last several years.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I think it's a great game, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's the best platformer in the Neo's huge platformer library. Short game, pretty easy, but it's just good ole fun. Graphics are pretty good for a 1993 release too. I can't see how anyone wouldn't like it, unless they're not into platformers. Still reasonably priced on the MVS unlike some other games that have skyrocketed over the last several years.

I cant believe it that I agree almost everything he said.
Top hunter is the best platformer and spinmaster is the second best.
Ban Plz

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Cool game, but too frickin' easy, even on higher level difficulties. I feel like a giant mario jumping on everyone's head to kill them. If they removed that and only allow "weapons" to do damage, I would give it multiple thumbs up... like 9 maybe.

Top Hunter is the shit though. Even better that it made it on Neo Geo CD.

FinalbossNYC

Zero's Tailor
It rocks. PERIOD.
It's also a cool game when you want to go for high-scores.

There's tons of tricks to increase your score.
A sequel on the Neo would have been lovely.

Agreed its a Simplistic game done well and the High score chasing really does add up the replay.

clubberlang

Zero's Secretary
I think it has aged well, it still has decent sprite animation. Wished Data East would've made more games for the Neo Geo.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
Back in the days it was one of the arcades I loved most playing, probably because of the huge cartoonish sprites... just like Joe & Mac in fact.
Too bad it never got a port out of the Neo, I would have loved it back then to play it on the SNES.... but Data East only released that Dashin Desperadoes thing for the Genesis.
Got myself a jap cart a few years ago and still play it from time to time, it's just pure and simple fun with great controls.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Can you even clear it on mvs difficulty?

He meant continue leeching. Probably thinks Blazing Star is on the easy side, too, never saw more than half a stage of Last Resort/Viewpoint/Pulstar. It's so good to have those games for that purpose alone...

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
It's one of those fun, pure gameplay game that Data East used to make back in the days. Totally underrated

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I't's just one of the coolest/funniest games on the Neo, even better in 2 Player mode!
Totally underrated.

PS - I still prefer Miracle Adventure :keke:

Last edited:

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
One thing I really like about Spin Master is the level variety. Whether it's collapsing ruins, water effects, auto scrolling, or something else, every level has it's own flavor. Sure, I'm still runnin' and jumpin' and killin' dudes, but it goes a long way in keeping me interested.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Jup It's a great game with nice, big sprites. I'm glad i picked up mine on the cheap for MVS.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
I have a copy for my AES, but would prefer to get an MVS cart. Either way, I love the game. It's pretty underrated from what I've seen.

It's a fun 2 player platformer that I play frequently on my MVS (multicart) with my friends or brother when they're over. I played Joe & Mac when I was younger, so the gameplay and art style are familiar and I enjoy it.

9/10 would play again.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
at first i was put off by the style of animation of the game.but once i played it,it's a really good plat former with run and gun elements to it. pretty unique.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Though pretty different, this game always reminds me of Willow on CPS1.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I fucking LOVE Joe & Mac but I've never played Spinmasters. Now I have to buy it. Thanks for that.

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I played it on last 2 weeks, and i like it!
I didn't like the cartoon style when i played years ago, but now i think it's a great game.
The graphic is really clean and the big sprites and objects makes it a step forward the snes/md platformers

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Got to play some Spinmasters X, blast through hordes of enemies with my Capoeira specials & save the day ;).

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
I love spinmaster and its my favorite platformer on the neo. What stands out most to me is the beautiful colors and large sprites and cartoon graphics, it makes me feel like a kid again when i play it. Glad to see it getting some love in this thread, always thought it was a very underrated title.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I played this for the first time today because of this thread. Wow, it's absolutely a spiritual successor to Joe and Mac. Even the enemies make the same expressions the neanderthals did in Joe & Mac. Good lookout for the cookout, KP

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Wow, it's absolutely a spiritual successor to Joe and Mac.

And fully intended. Just look at the back of the insert: "A COMICAL-ACTION GAME IN THE TRADITION OF "JOE & MAC CAVEMAN NINJA"

$_1.JPG

BTW, the best port of the original J&M is for the Genny and is US exclusive. Ya lucky bastards ;).