Which chassis would you choose?

Ultra7350

n00b
My ROTJ arcade needs a new 19 inch monitor. I'm going to drive 2 hours one way to look at some monitors to buy. The seller says he has several monitors all in good shape. I will have a GO7, wg K7000 and wg 7203 to choose from. Which chassis would you recommend?

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
First wrong forum

second

All 3 are good choices,

Look at the tube for burn in.
has the chassis been recapped recently?
does the tube have good geometry?
screaming flyback or other issues?

why not just fix the chassis in it?

Last edited:

Ultra7350

n00b
First wrong forum

second

All 3 are good choices,

Look at the tube for burn in.
has the chassis been recapped recently?
does the tube have good geometry?
screaming flyback or other issues?

why not just fix the chassis in it?

It has the original monitor (bad burn) with a Disco chassis. The horizontal width coil is bad on the chassis. You cannot find parts anymore besides cap kits.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The K7000 is prolly the best bet. Has a great pic quality for an American chassis. I have one in my Goldie and it looks great.

RetroTechRewind

Crazed MVS Addict
I'd hands-down trust the k7000. I've rebuilt and repaired so many monitors and those things are tanks. The colors look great, and they don't get too hot. I'd recommend getting a cap kit done though.

And depending on the tube you put it in, you may have to swap out the width coil capacitor. It's a big polypropylene cap right by the white inductor. Get the width right, and you'll have yourself a chassis that will run for damn-near forever, and look great too.

The wg7203 is decent, but it's not as robust as the k7000. it's a lot easier to plug everything in, since the terminals are all along the outside of the board by the flyback. Other than that, they just felt a lot cheaper to me. Plus, I don't believe there's a reliable source of replacement flybacks for those. I could be remembering incorrectly though. Been awhile since I had one.