Superguns hit the mainstream

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Now there's someone desperate for an article...

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
There were ads in EGM 25 years ago for superguns so I'm not sure how this is anything "new"....

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
From Internet lore, one of the first, if not the first, superguns was a product called "The Super Gun." Apparently it became a generic term like Kleenex or Xacto.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
There were ads in EGM 25 years ago for superguns so I'm not sure how this is anything "new"....

didn't know superguns were around that long.the first time i ever heard of one was around 04.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
didn't know superguns were around that long.the first time i ever heard of one was around 04.

The mail order game shops that ran ads towards the back of EGM and such back then would list them for sale. They were quite expensive as i recall. I used to look at em when I'd dream of a SGFX or an AES (and I did order an AES from one of those companies at the end of '91).

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
MAS made probably the most popular supergun in the US, it was around 93/94 when I first heard about them. NCS used to sell some Japanese superguns and PCBs back then when they were mainly a console copier company.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

In my experience, stuff generally exists before I hear about it.

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
You must not be familiar with 90's vaporware.

I can't hear you over the sound of me playing Duke Nukem Forever... they only released it so it stopped being vaporware, sorry excuse for a game :-/

Anyway, point taken.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

They sold these in game stores back when street fighter 2 first came out (early 90s). Obviously they were not cheap but for over a year it was the only way to play sf2 at home. I was only 12 at the time and didn't understand what I was looking at till later on (big kids were hogging it) :-/

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I don't think I'd label a niche product that costs $649.95 + shipping mainstream.....

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Discussion closed for comments, there goes my chance to troll oh well.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
normies will never spend that much cash for a single arcade game as long as there exists emulation for utablets and robophones.

Want to bring the arcade to life on your big screen for normies? invent a cradle for the tablet that puts it on a big screen and connects to an arcade style controller and sell it for under $200.