Neo Geo Style DA15 connectors?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
So after a long break from playing my Neo and alot of fighting games ive decided to start up again. Dont feel like adding new pcbs to my sticks so im going the project box route. Theres just one detail i was wondering. Are there deeper DA15 connectors available like the type found on mvs/aes systems? I would like to use that on my joystick and project boxes with a neo geo extension cord without using the those cable fastners found on typical da15 cables.
Thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They do sell DB15 extensions for joysticks that don't have the screws. Plus the standard depth DB15 port will work fine with all neo controllers. It doesn't need to be a deep one to work.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I haven't seen 'em for sale. Maybe you could scavenge some off a dead mobo.

Shallow ones work fine. You just have to accept only being able to stick in the tip.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
DAMN, i like going balls deep when sticking in my cord. lol

Cool, then that clears that up. Dont have to worry about that then. Thanks guys

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
wyo_vr4 said:
Shallow ones work fine. You just have to accept only being able to stick in the tip.

I've had to live with this for twenty years.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I can't remember where I saw it now but there is a tutorial somewhere on how to convert a standard DB15 to make it the longer length. It involved taking the pins out of the plastic and entering them back in from the opposite side and a little gluing. It works as I have tried it myself. Wish I could remember the URL for you.

Found it,

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snk-neo-geo-diy-db15-controller-plug/

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I can't remember where I saw it now but there is a tutorial somewhere on how to convert a standard DB15 to make it the longer length. It involved taking the pins out of the plastic and entering them back in from the opposite side and a little gluing. It works as I have tried it myself. Wish I could remember the URL for you.

Found it,

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snk-neo-geo-diy-db15-controller-plug/
I did this once, took me a few hours. It's a means to an end I suppose, but my time is better spent buying the right cord in the first place. edit: Also it doesn't fit as snugly into a Neogeo joystick port as my Oldstyle stick.

I seem to recall there's a joystick Y cable with either a deep enough female plug, or one able to be shaved down to fit, there should be a thread on it somewhere.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Yup, it's way easier to just replace the entire cord. It isn't hard to do. Just remember to remove the stress relief from the old cord and put it on the new one for that stock look.