MV2 board graphical glitches and controller issues

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I am having a blocky graphics problem with my MV-2. My set-up is the mv-2 board, a neo to jamma adapter, and the HAS supergun outputting to an xrgb mini. This problem occurs with every single game that I have tried so far, some are worse than others. I'm inclined to believe that my board needs fixing. And even if there is a fix it will most likely require the use of a soldering iron which I don't have. But if there is an easy fix, or something that I can do without needing tools i dont have then I would like to try.

I'm also having problems with my neo stick. I'm using the one that came with the AES system. The only buttons that seem to work in game is B, D,select, left, right. All other buttons don't do anything. I would normally suspect the supergun first but that's not the case since I can set up the controls just fine on any other board i set up.

Here are some pics with the glitches

http://imgur.com/a/yeZUO

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hey man

First step would be cleaning the slots of the MV2. However, is the problem the same on both slots, or just one? I have a couple MV2F showing similar graphical issues and from testing it seems both have the same graphical chip dead, and replacing those chips is beyond my ability. Hopefully yours have an easy fix.

Regards.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Clean the cart edge connectors and
Clean the cart slot contacts on the board.

Don't re-test until the carts and board are completely dry.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Hey man

First step would be cleaning the slots of the MV2. However, is the problem the same on both slots, or just one? I have a couple MV2F showing similar graphical issues and from testing it seems both have the same graphical chip dead, and replacing those chips is beyond my ability. Hopefully yours have an easy fix.

Regards.

It dint matter what slot i put the cart in, those glitches were the same for both. I cleaned both slots and the connector. The connector really needed a clean but it seems like the problem persists.

Clean the cart edge connectors and
Clean the cart slot contacts on the board.

Don't re-test until the carts and board are completely dry.

Those carts really needed a good cleaning. Sadly I discovered that the games that I purchased that came with the board were all boots. I really don't feel like fixing those. All my real games are playing fine without graphical glitches. Everything is good aside from the controller issues.