Tonight I realized I have issues. Colored MVS carts rock my world. What's your craze?

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
So a week or so ago I purchased a Shock Troopers 2 Kit which had a black cart. It hasn't even arrived to my residence yet and I see a Shock Troopers 2 kit on eBay with a blue cart. Guess what I did? I bought it. I'm starting to scare myself. I can't deny the colored carts if I don't own them and see them for sale. I can't believe I just bought two copies of he same kit for virtually no reason.

PS: If anyone is looking for a ST2 kit let me know, as I'll have two shortly. Black edition for you of course. :p

What's your personal craze as a collector?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Now, that's a very charming craze, which definitely adds individuality & uniqueness to your collection. Whereas my obsession is boring as hell, as it just involves color fading of AES inserts. There are specific games, which are extremely tough to get in their original bright colors, like Chibi and Stakes Winner 2. Multiple buys included... Well, at least I don't mind other traces of usage at all.

Hope you'll update your post with a nice pic of both kits, before the sale ;).

team_andromeda

Armored Scrum Object
My craze is anything having to do with Panzer Dragoon. English, Japanese, I don't care I need everything.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I "get" the fading thing for sure. I collect CIB Megadrive, and certain titles are 99% of the time faded and/or have a peeling label. Drives me nuts. I really wish I didn't care. Before I got into the Neo I didn't care about the condition of anything and my life was so much easier.

Now, that's a very charming craze, which definitely adds individuality & uniqueness to your collection. Whereas my obsession is boring as hell, as it just involves color fading of AES inserts. There are specific games, which are extremely tough to get in their original bright colors, like Chibi and Stakes Winner 2. Multiple buys included... Well, at least I don't mind other traces of usage at all.

Hope you'll update your post with a nice pic of both kits, before the sale ;).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yeah, feels good to hear those things from another VG afficionado ;). And yeah for the second time, as MD inserts are a major nightmare together with its label peeling, but plastic boxes with inserts are still much better, than stand alone paper boxes. That's why I won't collect SFC games anytime soon. Emulation must suffice.

BTW, you know why the MD peeling occurs? It's the heat produced by the console during playing. Hot air rises up to the back of the label and dissolves the glue. The stylish curve the sticker makes is doing the rest. But I don't mind, as long as it's not creased.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Yeah, feels good to hear those things from another VG afficionado ;). And yeah for the second time, as MD inserts are a major nightmare together with its label peeling, but plastic boxes with inserts are still much better, than stand alone paper boxes. That's why I won't collect SFC games anytime soon. Emulation must suffice.

BTW, you know why the MD peeling occurs? It's the heat produced by the console during playing. Hot air rises up to the back of the label and dissolves the glue. The stylish curve the sticker makes is doing the rest. But I don't mind, as long as it's not creased.

The label peel happens exclusively on certain games. When I lived in Japan I opened up 20+ copies of Vampire Killer over the years and all had horrible peel, same with Rocket Knight Adventures. It seems to effect Konami games the most, I guess their glue sucked. One other one that always has it is Eliminate Down. I can't stand the peel as every time you put the game in its case you have a chance to mess up the label.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
20+ is really record worthy material, even more so considering how scarce VK is. As a sideline though, I hope that Mr. Pitt has the time to share his proto obsession here. Can't go more eccentric than that ;).

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The label peel happens exclusively on certain games. When I lived in Japan I opened up 20+ copies of Vampire Killer over the years and all had horrible peel, same with Rocket Knight Adventures. It seems to effect Konami games the most, I guess their glue sucked. One other one that always has it is Eliminate Down. I can't stand the peel as every time you put the game in its case you have a chance to mess up the label.

You wouldn't happen to have a spare of one of those vampire killer's with peeled label would you?:)

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow
I missed one (legit copy) for $90 from one of our lovely member here years ago. I bought Contra Hardcorp from him instead :(

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
My craze is being an idiot, and posting in a thread about a bunch of first-world faggots that need to get a life. Pure faggotry on all of us!

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member

That's correct. It is only certain games due to inadequate glue. One of the tougher ones to find with an undamaged label is Musha - the labels all peel off and given that it's a shmup it tends to get rougher handling for some reason.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
That's correct. It is only certain games due to inadequate glue. One of the tougher ones to find with an undamaged label is Musha - the labels all peel off and given that it's a shmup it tends to get rougher handling for some reason.

I tried to use super glue to seal the label once and I got mess-up...............it completely ruins label

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
That's correct. It is only certain games due to inadequate glue. One of the tougher ones to find with an undamaged label is Musha - the labels all peel off and given that it's a shmup it tends to get actually get played.

Fixed.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow
I missed one (legit copy) for $90 from one of our lovely member here years ago. I bought Contra Hardcorp from him instead :(

I didn't own 20, I opened 20 in shops there. It's not that rare of a game honestly, just one of those that's in demand. Always 5+ copies on Ebay at any given time. Not Earthbound common but common enough.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,

Haha, I don't actually think it's from playtime, some people say that but, some of my most played carts don't peel at all. It's all about the factory that made the stickers I guess, just like how certain SFC games always tend to yellow.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I tried to use super glue to seal the label once and I got mess-up...............it completely ruins label

Yup. Not sure how to fix it - I tend to leave it alone on MD games since all the same titles have it anyway. I have a Mars Matrix PCB with label Peel that's driving me insane but tried rubber cement and that didn't work and anything more liquid will probably ruin the label.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
guess the only craze i have are collecting japanese games over american games.

the japanese games are a lot more better to look at and the boxes are more colorful and vibrant.

multi colored mvs cases are awesome as well!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
guess the only craze i have are collecting japanese games over american games.

the japanese games are a lot more better to look at and the boxes are more colorful and vibrant.

multi colored mvs cases are awesome as well!

agreed. Japanese aes games look better and are more affordable compared to the western aes.but i do pick the us carts over japanese when it comes to the mvs,purely because of the game configurations on the mvs dip switch.can't read japanese lol.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
So a week or so ago I purchased a Shock Troopers 2 Kit which had a black cart. It hasn't even arrived to my residence yet and I see a Shock Troopers 2 kit on eBay with a blue cart. Guess what I did? I bought it. I'm starting to scare myself. I can't deny the colored carts if I don't own them and see them for sale. I can't believe I just bought two copies of he same kit for virtually no reason.

PS: If anyone is looking for a ST2 kit let me know, as I'll have two shortly. Black edition for you of course. :p

What's your personal craze as a collector?

Colour MVS carts to :D

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?224492-Show-me-your-colour-carts!

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
For me, it's Streets of Rage 2. Got the Genesis version, the Japanese version, the rom for the everdrive along with lots of hacks of it, the digital version on the xbox360, and even got it on steam IIRC. All the time it's the same game, yet I gotta have it. I'm only missing an American CIB, got cart only.

Regards,

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
For me, it's Streets of Rage 2. Got the Genesis version, the Japanese version, the rom for the everdrive along with lots of hacks of it, the digital version on the xbox360, and even got it on steam IIRC. All the time it's the same game, yet I gotta have it. I'm only missing an American CIB, got cart only.

Regards,

Yeah, but do you have the Streets of Rage vinyl record?! :D

http://data-discs.com/products/streets-of-rage

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My craze is anything having to do with Panzer Dragoon. English, Japanese, I don't care I need everything.

I was that way with the Shining series. Shining Force Neo & EXA were disappointing while I enjoyed Shining Tears. I beat Shining Force Feather.

Shining Wind and Shining Hearts are sitting there waiting to be played.