NEO GEO Cab price?

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
I have the opportunity to buy a cab with Jamma and Neo board, apparently bios on the Jamma comes up fine but recently the neo board started booting games to a black screen. I am told the monitor is in good condition and the cab looks decent. What's the range on these now?

thanks,
Sudo

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Which type of cab? Original or conversion? Condition? Which MVS board is included?

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Depends what type of cab it is. Ive seen lots of MVS 1 slot cabs for around 400 dollars in my area. that seems to be the standard.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Assuming a common game with it that would be 125 bucks at auction here. Tops....

It comes with samurai showdown and fatal fury, he also said he has a replacement neo board in that is now working which all comes to $350. Are you saying I'm overpaying?

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Damn I went from being excited to now thinking I should just back out, thanks for the input guys I guess I'll hold out and try to find something better.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
For future reference I should be looking in the $400 range for an original cab? Also that thing looks legit to me, what about it is not?

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
It comes with samurai showdown and fatal fury, he also said he has a replacement neo board in that is now working which all comes to $350. Are you saying I'm overpaying?

Buying at auction is different then craigslist, I personally don't love conversion cabs but where you live determines price. We have a auction about 30 mins from my house 1000 pieces plus on average comes about 5 times a year, obviously easier to find one. I personally think that cab looks rough and would definitely try to beat him down on price a bit. See what he would take without the extra board and carts? I mean do you need two? Those two carts can be had for about 15 bucks each so not much value with those, maybe he thinks they are worth more and will knock off money for you? Really check out the monitor too and see if any burn or other probs.
Last neo I bought was an original two slot, good shape original cab. Came with a nice metal slug x and captain tomaday. The RED gun in the tube was shot but was able to pick up a 25 inch donor at Salvation Army and dropped right in. I paid 225 for that cab, but understood what was wrong with it, chances are if he had out a better monitor in it he would have gotten 300ish. Next auction had a 8.5/10 6 slot loaded with carts. Went for 600 but it was a small bid war, but at every auction neos looking like that seriously hover about 125 working.

To long didn't read:
Conversions are cheaper and from the looks of that cab you may end up sinking more money into it cleaning it up so yeah, 350 seems high, but if you have no other options then you really don't have a choice :-)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yep, after seeing the pics I would avoid that cab. You'll be better off waiting for a nice original cab.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Buying at auction is different then craigslist, I personally don't love conversion cabs but where you live determines price. We have a auction about 30 mins from my house 1000 pieces plus on average comes about 5 times a year, obviously easier to find one. I personally think that cab looks rough and would definitely try to beat him down on price a bit. See what he would take without the extra board and carts? I mean do you need two? Those two carts can be had for about 15 bucks each so not much value with those, maybe he thinks they are worth more and will knock off money for you? Really check out the monitor too and see if any burn or other probs.
Last neo I bought was an original two slot, good shape original cab. Came with a nice metal slug x and captain tomaday. The RED gun in the tube was shot but was able to pick up a 25 inch donor at Salvation Army and dropped right in. I paid 225 for that cab, but understood what was wrong with it, chances are if he had out a better monitor in it he would have gotten 300ish. Next auction had a 8.5/10 6 slot loaded with carts. Went for 600 but it was a small bid war, but at every auction neos looking like that seriously hover about 125 working.

To long didn't read:
Conversions are cheaper and from the looks of that cab you may end up sinking more money into it cleaning it up so yeah, 350 seems high, but if you have no other options then you really don't have a choice :-)

I met a guy down here that buys for his barcade at auctions, I guess I'll try to head out with them on their next trip and find a better deal. After renting a truck and driving out there I would be at the $400 mark which from what I'm understanding from you guys is way too much for this.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Thank you guys so much for your help, you saved me some money and probably a headache. As usual the knowledge and input here is absolutely invaluable.

Westcb

Dude your in NC you get auctions in Winston Salem on the regular, go to one with that 400 you will save and pick up a few cabs :-)

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Dude your in NC you get auctions in Winston Salem on the regular, go to one with that 400 you will save and pick up a few cabs :-)

Yeh I think that's where those guys go, I'm gonna do that. I got trigger happy with this craigslist add and needed some experts to talk some sense into me. I'll stick to the Neo Geo Cd and PVM setup for the time being.

Last edited:

Westcb

Yeh I think that's where those guys go, I'm gonna do that. I got trigger happy with this craigslist add and needed some experts to talk some sense into me. I'll stick to the Neo Geo Cd and PVM setup for the time being.

That's what I can't find locally, a great pvm... I'll find you a neo cab and you find me a sweet RGB monitor.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
honestly I havent seen too many big reds around Raleigh, and the ones that do pop up, the guys are usually asking like $600-700+ :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

I personally would not pay over $500 for one that was in great shape, any more than that and you may as well put your money towards a candy cab imo.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
That's what I can't find locally, a great pvm... I'll find you a neo cab and you find me a sweet RGB monitor.

I got mine from a local hospital resaler, there was a room full of them for $40 a pop and I only got 2. I have no idea if that place is still around, I heard a couple other people talk about it afterwards so I wonder if it got cleaned out.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
honestly I havent seen too many big reds around Raleigh, and the ones that do pop up, the guys are usually asking like $600-700+ :lolz: :lolz: :lolz:

I personally would not pay over $500 for one that was in great shape, any more than that and you may as well put your money towards a candy cab imo.

Are you in the triangle too? I would love a candy cab and maybe I should just invest in one now that I have a game room, I don't really know anything about them except for they look lovely and uber japanese.

*Nevermind I just realized you are from the other thread too, I'm dumb.

Last edited:

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Someone needs to do like a voyage to the new world west to east candy transfer.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Are you in the triangle too? I would love a candy cab and maybe I should just invest in one now that I have a game room, I don't really know anything about them except for they look lovely and uber japanese.

*Nevermind I just realized you are from the other thread too, I'm dumb.

Yup, right here in Raleigh. It's really up to you about what you want. I'd love to get a big red, but I love my candies too. I will gave you a fair warning tho, one cab is never enough. As soon as you get 1, you'll start thinking about what you want next ;)

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
Yup, right here in Raleigh. It's really up to you about what you want. I'd love to get a big red, but I love my candies too. I will gave you a fair warning tho, one cab is never enough. As soon as you get 1, you'll start thinking about what you want next ;)

Luckily (or unluckily) I live with a lady that is going to keep that in check for me.

KalessinDB

Mr. Big's Thug
Someone needs to do like a voyage to the new world west to east candy transfer.

Yes. Even though I don't have my new house yet, I don't even care. If I could get a pair of NACs or similar in the (north)east I would rent a storage space if I had to.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Depends what type of cab it is. Ive seen lots of MVS 1 slot cabs for around 400 dollars in my area. that seems to be the standard.

Your lucky , theyll all seem to be 800+ around me. Its fairly rare one pops up around here though.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Yea, one is never enough.