Spin Master prices

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Recently I've been wanting to get Spin Master for my AES and the price guides has it at $95 at most, but I go onto ebay and I'm finding prices going up from 300 to 500 dollars! I know Neo Geo games are expensive but price guide says it goes for $95 so is this just price gouging?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
The price guide is measured in 1992 dollars so $300-$500 sounds about right.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Wow, it has gone up that high. Good god. -_-

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
I paid $400 to my door 5 years ago. It's stayed about the same. Used to be impossible to find. Somewhat easier now but still rare. Especially the English version.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
That sounds a little bit confusing and (don't know how to put this any other way) dishonest.
Not saying it actually is dishonest, but if someone looks at that price guide and expects a game to cost much less then it actually is, they'll be very surprised to find out that it's MUCH more expensive then the price guide says.
Ninja Commando is another one, price guide lists it at 90-130 dollars, but a quick look on ebay shows it's actually going for 900-1000+ for the complete game.
Why not list the games on the price guide for the prices they're actually going for?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think the game is just yawn.. I got it for free so many years back with my aes. It's a US copy to. The console and game were like 200$. I think this was like late 90's. In fact, I got my AES really late then, I mostly played cd and mvs. I used to ooze over the neo geo back in the gamefan days. I still remember seeing how pretty SSIV looked with Sogetsu.. I was completely fine owning CD. In fact I think fatal fury special on cd is the definitive version. Spinmaster never gets any play from me. It's more of the last remnant of a old video store run by a nicer guy. He had another guy who could either be nice or a complete dick.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
If you don't like it and don't play it at all, I'm willing to buy it off of you.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
Not saying it actually is dishonest, but if someone looks at that price guide and expects a game to cost much less then it actually is, they'll be very surprised to find out that it's MUCH more expensive then the price guide says.

Why are you putting so much worth in the price guide? It hasn't been updated once in the 5 years I've been here. It probably hasn't been updated in a decade.

If you really want Spinmasters you have two choices, pay ebay prices and get it now, or hunt for it on forums and likely get it for less. But I'm certain you'll never find it for $95 anywhere now.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Oh, so it hasn't been updated at all?
Well that explains it, thanks!

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Bought a minty, complete JAP NGH cart a year ago. For $300. Don't settle for $500. Shit is overpriced.

NucaCola

Rugal's Thug
Thanks, I knew Neo Geo games were expensive, but I'm starting to realize they're overpriced too.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Mine was also in the $300 range, $330 shipped iirc. JP CIB.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
If you don't like it and don't play it at all, I'm willing to buy it off of you.

It's A.D. '15, if you want to play a 22 year old video game, there's emulation for that. It's free. The rest are UV & moisture protected plastic bag corpses of archeological value. And needless to say...

Spoiler:
231256701.jpg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Even with MVS prices are getting silly, at least on eBay it seems. Now is the time for bargain hunting, patience has no place here.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Not a lot of sale threads pop up nowadays compare to the same time last year.....................

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Well, it can be found for lower prices ....if you're really patient, that is.
I've looked for the game for about two years and got the USA version together with an EU copy of "Cyber Lip" and a US copy of "Top Hunter" for 330 shipped for all three. So it can be done, in spite of current AES madness.

It's a great little game and since there are so few jump 'n runs on the Neo, it's pretty desirable, I suppose.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
I had a, "moment," yesterday when I realized that SS5S MVS was selling north of $1000 regularly on Ebay these days. Thinking it might be time to liquidate my collection.

I know that game was always expensive, but it's gotten nutty. The last few were in the $1200 range and didn't even have original art included. MVS is definitely the cheaper route to go, but long-gone are the days of under $20 bargain finds and hunting for rares from obscure Japanese dealers. These days everyone knows if it says SNK, add a zero or two to what you think its worth... and then maybe another and call it a day.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I had a, "moment," yesterday when I realized that SS5S MVS was selling north of $1000 regularly on Ebay these days. Thinking it might be time to liquidate my collection.

I know that game was always expensive, but it's gotten nutty. The last few were in the $1200 range and didn't even have original art included. MVS is definitely the cheaper route to go, but long-gone are the days of under $20 bargain finds and hunting for rares from obscure Japanese dealers. These days everyone knows if it says SNK, add a zero or two to what you think its worth... and then maybe another and call it a day.

Remember when you could call MD Game Sales and get a box full of mvs carts for $200-$300?

Sell your shit and get a multicart. No reason not to.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thinking it might be time to liquidate my collection.

It's not like you can retire on it... well, maybe in a banana republic. You're gonna get a lot
of money from this. But it ain't gonna be so much, you can live like a hog in the fat house
forever ;).

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I think its a very forgettable platformer and its just another US AES title that is priced as if like ten were made. -_- I got a variety of good shit from mdgames.. Waku waku 7, garou, etc. Those really were the days.

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It's not like you can retire on it... well, maybe in a banana republic. You're gonna get a lot
of money from this. But it ain't gonna be so much, you can live like a hog in the fat house
forever ;).

Haha, don't worry, I don't see these things as having any sort of value. It actually surprises me what some are willing to pay, since, as Tonk said, I bought a lot of these either dirt cheap (from MDGameSales or other sellers back in the day) or picked them up after some bargain-hunting. My big issue is I have nearly a full set of MVS carts, only missing the games I really won't or can't play like the Quiz games I sold off years ago, and a lot of the sports titles that I just don't enjoy... Those 130 something carts take up SO MUCH FREAKING SPACE, that it's more of a just clear out the storage locker instead of making a profit.

It probably would make a lot of sense to just track down a few multis to get 90% of what I have on like two or three carts, instead of just sit on all these MVS carts that some collector would probably cream his pants for.