New Weiya 3129D chassis any good?

nate

n00b
Hi,

I noticed there was a group buy a while ago for new Wei ya 3129D chassis. Are these new ones significantly different from the ones that came with Atomiswave cabs? I'm wondering if they will last longer, or if they are the same quality (or lack thereof).

My chassis is just "clicking" and won't display a picture. No neck glow or anything.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hi,

I noticed there was a group buy a while ago for new Wei ya 3129D chassis. Are these new ones significantly different from the ones that came with Atomiswave cabs? I'm wondering if they will last longer, or if they are the same quality (or lack thereof).

My chassis is just "clicking" and won't display a picture. No neck glow or anything.

The group buy was for pretty much the same chassis, sorry that yours died, it's common. Welcome to the AWSD club :(

nate

n00b
Hehehe, some club, eh?

The weird thing is that my chassis did this before intermittently. If I waited long enough it would stop clicking and act normal. I changed all the caps, and the problem went away. Now in under a year of light use, it's doing it again... Not sure if I need to start pulling caps again?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Hehehe, some club, eh?

The weird thing is that my chassis did this before intermittently. If I waited long enough it would stop clicking and act normal. I changed all the caps, and the problem went away. Now in under a year of light use, it's doing it again... Not sure if I need to start pulling caps again?

there are prolly ICs failing, its just a poopy chassis.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
the significant difference i noticed with the 2 new style chassis i bought is that it appears that one of the relays (im guessing its the one that switches resolutions) is not present any longer, and is now handled by an IC chip. im really hoping this means they are more reliable.