JVC Rgb Monitor Screen Size Adjust

​Hi, I have a JVC BM-H1300SU RGB Monitor. Hooking up through RGB is the only way this monitor lets you adjust the screen size/pan. The problem actually is its adjust limits. I don't know about Sony branded Monitors, but this one you can only adjust vertical/horizontal size/orientation by a limit of -10 to +10. The problem is that for some boards it's not enough, so I have to use Underscan to be able to see the whole picture. But of course it gets a lot smaller.

My question is... is there any component I could hook up that could adjust the size in a more "analog" way?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Have you looked for a service manual or maybe opened it up to look for analog adjustment pots?

Have you looked for a service manual or maybe opened it up to look for analog adjustment pots?

Tried to find it, but looks like one can only find the Consumer Manual on the net (which only explains to change through menus). There's a "hole adjustment" behind the box, but, I suspect it has something with focus. That's also why I never opened up. Dont know for sure if I would find anything, but I guess it's the only way out... It's hard to find quality monitors with over 8 inches around here, and I'm no expert with this type of device. Wonder if a PVM/BVM has "full" size control through menus.

Btw, sometimes the screen looks thinner/larger without any adjustment. Maybe a Sync issue? Most of the games adjust well. Some stuff like Mortal Kombat pcb or a Taito F3 D.Gaiden I have to use underscan. CPS 3 stuff it's the opposite. Can't fill the screen horizontally.

Well, guess I have to spare sometime to open it up and see.

Thanks for answering!

Last edited:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
You will find that many boards have different picture sizes. CPS3 I find to be very narrow like you saw; even with H size at max on my Nanao monitors it doesn't quite fill the screen. So, unfortunately it is normal to have to adjust for different PCBs.

Yep. The only inconvenience I find is not actually adjusting the image, is that some games just doesn't fit right, even with underscan (positioning is also limited, so some games can't be even centered or stretched to the max underscanning it, which makes the screen even smaller). But "good" to know that even with arcade monitors stretching sometimes is not possible. I had a 29' cab, but at least I could adjust with no problem... Don't have space now for one. Thanks again!