Taito Vewlix running MVS, CPS1, CPS2 - XRGB solution ???

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I'm thinking of getting a Vewlix.

I'm also concerned about the way my old 15khz games will look on an HD cab.

Considering the absolute brilliance in upscaling the XRGB can pull off, would this be a viable solution in the cab?

Also would the XRGB-mini do the trick?

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The only problem I see is having to keep changing the settings on the XRGB-mini.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I'm thinking of getting a Vewlix.

I'm also concerned about the way my old 15khz games will look on an HD cab.

Considering the absolute brilliance in upscaling the XRGB can pull off, would this be a viable solution in the cab?

Also would the XRGB-mini do the trick?

Thoughts and recommendations appreciated.

as an owner of a VLX and someone who has jumped down the hole of playing JAMMA games in it, here's my advice.

DON'T.

seriously.

If you do, there's things you need to take into account:
1) Wiring

Rather than drop $600 (yes, Six Hundred American Dollars) on the JAMMA kit, I created my own harness, which I made completely removeable, but had to splice into the power connectors to make. The control section is completely removable as well (no splicing needed) the test/service buttons also require splicing.

2) Power

the Wei-ya PSUs in these are the same as the AWSD and they SUUUUUUUUUCK. Seriously. I'm not a big fan of wrecking the original wiring too much if it's not needed so the Sanwa SWN-JVS PSU is a direct drop in... for $200.

3) Display

I dropped an XRGB 3 into mine, and no matter how much I played with the settings, I could never get it looking good enough.

4) Sound

By the time I was concerned with the sound, I didn't have the will to chase down that problem..

I'm seriously considering abandoning the pipe dream all together and getting the JAMMA kit. the $600 for it is hefty, but atleast it would be running within Taito's suggested config.

I hope my experience helps :D

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Thanks LV, this is the sort of insight I was looking for. I want something that's going to be pretty simple to set up and configure as my cab knowledge and technical know-how is still very novice.

Looks like I'll be looking at another alternative, and saving a lot of cash in doing so.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yeah, for $600 you might as well just buy a JAMMA cab if you have the room.

Lemony Vengeance

Heads up, I asked Ken @ the gameroom if he could get the Taito Jamma kit for me, and he said that he might be able to, at $300. I'm having him look now.

jugu

New Challenger
I'm starting to go down this rabbit hole myself. Was Ken able to procure the Vewlix Jamma kit? I was going to contact River Service.

Thank you!

Lemony Vengeance

I'm starting to go down this rabbit hole myself. Was Ken able to procure the Vewlix Jamma kit? I was going to contact River Service.

Thank you!

I haven't gone down that road.. I gave up the JAMMA kit endeavor. :P