MS9-29A monitor rebuild...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I've made it to the chassis step on my NAC rebuild...

It's a MS9-29A 05A00675C1 chassis...

I've read there's different versions, curious if anybody knows what the best place to get complete cap kits would be...I'm a bit undecided if I trust Ebay MS9 cap kits to be accurate... and also wondering if I should change any other components while I'm at it...

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I've made it to the chassis step on my NAC rebuild...

It's a MS9-29A 05A00675C1 chassis...

I've read there's different versions, curious if anybody knows what the best place to get complete cap kits would be...I'm a bit undecided if I trust Ebay MS9 cap kits to be accurate... and also wondering if I should change any other components while I'm at it...

You'll never find a place that sells complete kits. They are always missing a cap or 2 (usually from the neck board or remote board). Best to buy them yourself from digikey or mouser. At least that way, you know you're getting good caps.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
You'll never find a place that sells complete kits. They are always missing a cap or 2 (usually from the neck board or remote board). Best to buy them yourself from digikey or mouser. At least that way, you know you're getting good caps.

Yeahhhh that's probably what i'll end up doing then, any thoughts on changing out other components? When I did a K7000 board Bob Roberts suggested I do the HOT and voltage regulator too...the picture turned out great, but I don't know if that's something that should be done on a MS9 or if the parts are easy to find replacements for...

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Yeahhhh that's probably what i'll end up doing then, any thoughts on changing out other components? When I did a K7000 board Bob Roberts suggested I do the HOT and voltage regulator too...the picture turned out great, but I don't know if that's something that should be done on a MS9 or if the parts are easy to find replacements for...

I recapped a ms9 and the fresh new caps killed the HOT so yeah I would suggest picking up one if you can find one, I don't remember the part being as easy to track down initially but found a NOS on eBay for a fair price. I found NTE made an equivalent as well later so I'm sure that would be easier to locate. Just to be clear, I have capped two other MS9s and it did not kill the HOT on those... Just saying if you can grab one might as well.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I recapped a ms9 and the fresh new caps killed the HOT so yeah I would suggest picking up one if you can find one, I don't remember the part being as easy to track down initially but found a NOS on eBay for a fair price. I found NTE made an equivalent as well later so I'm sure that would be easier to locate. Just to be clear, I have capped two other MS9s and it did not kill the HOT on those... Just saying if you can grab one might as well.

Good info...I'll try to track one down then...I'm not much of a troubleshooter with tiny stuff like this so I usually just shotgun a bunch of new parts into things if I already have them apart anyways haha

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Excuse my ignorance, but what voltage regulator is used and what is a HOT? Thanks.