Mv1b sound static

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hi guys I have an mv1b that when its giving me static when I connect it to my cab. It sounds like when you get bad reception on a radio. All the sound and music are there but really bad static. I have tried multiple games but the same thing happens. I did the sound amp mod to see if it does the same thing on my TV but it does, i tried to do a hardware test with my unibios but no error came up. any help would be appreciated thanks.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Hi guys I have an mv1b that when its giving me static when I connect it to my cab. It sounds like when you get bad reception on a radio. All the sound and music are there but really bad static. I have tried multiple games but the same thing happens. I did the sound amp mod to see if it does the same thing on my TV but it does, i tried to do a hardware test with my unibios but no error came up. any help would be appreciated thanks.

This is a bit of a long shot, but I just recently had a situation where I was getting so sound / static - turned out it was a simple connectivity problem between the Jamma edge and the Jamma connector. It won't hurt to give the Jamma edge a good clean (contact cleaner and cotton swabs, rubber eraser) and try to either push the Jamma connector more firmly onto the edge or try to pull it out slightly - this resolved the situation in my case.

Last edited:

bochi

Cheng's Errand Boy
thank you guys for your help when i change the caps ill tell you the results