mvs 2 slot help please

evildoberman

Crazed MVS Addict
hello i got my mvs 2 slot hooked up but forgot its been modded for 5 volts .I hooked up a 12 volts power source to it and now it wont work annymore. Now the ic lspc-ao is getting hot in a couple of seconds when turning on even with 5 v source ....anny idea how this is fixxable ??

thnx for aany help in the right direction

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If it was 5v modded and you applied 12v, get a new mobo. You fried a lot of chips doing that.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Any chip you feel getting hot immediately has been fried and needs to replaced.
What version of the 2 SLOT is it? MV2(The bigger one ) or MV2F?
BB

evildoberman

Crazed MVS Addict
its is the mv2 but i guess i might be better of buying a new one ,and next time open my eyes before hooking it up :)

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Crap. I like that model. If you ever want to dump it and you live in the states,drop me a PM I would like to see how many chips were fried.
BB
its is the mv2 but i guess i might be better of buying a new one ,and next time open my eyes before hooking it up :)

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
hello i got my mvs 2 slot hooked up but forgot its been modded for 5 volts .I hooked up a 12 volts power source to it and now it wont work annymore. Now the ic lspc-ao is getting hot in a couple of seconds when turning on even with 5 v source ....anny idea how this is fixxable ??

thnx for aany help in the right direction

Feel sorry for you ...

That's how i burned my mv1b ....

It's garbage now...

Get another one

cheers

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I always thought the 5V mod disconnected the 12V input from the regulator and fed the audio components using 5V, so that if you connect it again to a cabinet no harm was done, only the 12V line was not used anymore. I guess I misunderstood something?

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/files/cmvsmv2f.pdf

Regards.

Last edited:

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I always thought the 5V mod disconnected the 12V input from the regulator and fed the audio components using 5V, so that if you connect it again to a cabinet no harm was done, only the 12V line was not used anymore. I guess I misunderstood something?

http://www.jamma-nation-x.com/jammax/files/cmvsmv2f.pdf

Regards.

That's correct, so if you connect 12v to the 12v input it won't cause any damage. What he's saying is that he connected 12v to the 5v input, which of course will pretty much kill everything.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
That's correct, so if you connect 12v to the 12v input it won't cause any damage. What he's saying is that he connected 12v to the 5v input, which of course will pretty much kill everything.

Oh, doh! I misread the original post. Anyway, that board is very likely junk right now. Lots of fried parts, I'm pretty sure.

Regards.

evildoberman

Crazed MVS Addict
Ok ordered a new one 2 slot mvs2-f ,here we go again this time i will make SURE i wont f**ck up again ,got it for a nice price 100 euro with battery mod allready done plus a universe bios and shipping include so cant complain .and Big bear sorry but i live in holland (yeah yeah netherlands :) I guess there is not much more i can do with it but save it and look at it from time to time to remember myself of wat aan complete idiot is am sometimes ..