W.I.P. CMVS "Heavy Machine Gun" edition

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
About to start this build very soon rounding up parts now. Got this idea from my friend miisalo on his ammo box build he did a few months ago which looked amazing.

I wanted something similar to the look of his. Again huge thanks to several members making this build possible. Two great friends of mine Xian Xi (James) and mjmjr25 (Mike)

Here's some of the goodies I got so far. Just got back from vacation Saturday, so this week I should be getting more parts in the mail. Can't wait to get this rolling.

Pic's:

Got this new metal ammo box from Dicks sporting goods for $20

Got my audio/ video jacks in from console5.com

Got these in today my "Heavy Machine Gun" icon stickers these look badass!

I think they will look sweet on the ammo box. Not going to stick them on until its done though.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
Keep us updated please! Should be a great looking CMVS.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm sure I've already read this

Edit: Sorry - you mention that its based on another build right at the outset, just me being dumb.

Good luck, should be cool

Last edited:

miisalo

Astra Superstar
Wanna really go badass? Get smaller boxes (7.62mm ammo) too and make joysticks out of them. I have two boxes reserved for that but project has been waiting for me to start.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Thanks for the comps guys, I'm mounting the MV-1B first before any other hole is drilled. My buddy mjmjr25 is hooking me up with one very soon. Got a memory card reader set coming form Xian Xi as well. So once I get everything in the mounting will go quick. Only really time consuming part will be cutting X2 of the damn DB-15 slots again lol.

Yeah miisalo that is a neat idea on the sticks. If I every get a super gun I might do what you suggested on a set of rotary joysticks.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
I feel like you should just dedicate it to a metal slug cart and never worry about cutting a slot to replace the game, it's going to turn out cool regardless!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I feel like you should just dedicate it to a metal slug cart and never worry about cutting a slot to replace the game, it's going to turn out cool regardless!

?? I'm using a MV-1B so the MVS carts will come out vertically. All you half to do is open the lid and pull out cart. Everything will make more sense once I get more parts in and get the mobo mounted.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Yeah, no need for cutting

I understand the lid opens right up, just figured with the decals, and the "theme" it would only make sense!

Either way, I like the idea! And always a huge fan of cmvs' when done up right!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Thanks Mike & Speed3 going to pick up something really cool for the build tomorrow. I'll post a pic once I get it.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I ended up going today to get the ammo belt. I just mocked this up real quick to give you an idea of what look I'm going for. The belt will hang out when I'm playing a game. So that way the lid can be partially open for ventilation.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
That's a really cool touch man! The enclosure is the hardest part, I haven't found anything yet for my mv1c build. I like seeing cool unique stuff like this.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
That's a really cool touch man! The enclosure is the hardest part, I haven't found anything yet for my mv1c build. I like seeing cool unique stuff like this.

Thanks bro, I'm going to cut the belt down a lot but I just threw it in there so you could get an idea.

Playing around with it some more this afternoon. I think this is where I'm going to mount the memory card reader. (On the latch side) but nothing is in stone yet until I get the mobo mounted. But if this box is the same size as miisalo's ammo box then it will be just fine here. Got lucky though with the card installed it was almost too tall. Would have been a bitch to mount it horizontal. Half to get me some 1/4" nylon spacers for it to keep of the side.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
OK I'll admit I was wrong about the bullits!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I told you Karou it would look sweet w/ the ammo belt. :cool:

Andy thanks bro, I have wanted to do this for a while but kept putting it off. I got a good plan in place I think it will turn out ok.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I was very impressed with your work so far and the ammo belt look just made my jaw drop.

Frickin awesome!

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I was very impressed with your work so far and the ammo belt look just made my jaw drop.

Frickin awesome!

Thanks synbios, wait til you see the custom handmade military stencils I'm making for the "hinge" side. ;)

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
Goddamn, this is cool. I'm usually not a fan of weird CMVS builds but this is completely awesome and fits the theme perfectly. Can't wait to see more.