Problem with my LED Sony KDL-46HX855.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Few months ago my Sony LED display, model KDL-46HX855 (I'm in Brazil) displayed the following problem:
20140915_122001.jpg20140915_122008.jpg20140915_122020.jpg
(it's the pink/red/magenta vertical line).

This happened once with a Samsung plasma I have (C7000), but after few months it simply went away (gladly).
I still haven't called the technical support, but since these kind of service tend to rip you off (at least in my country), I was wondering if someone could give me a light about the situation (if it is easy to fix or any kind of information).
Thanks a lot!

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Lines like that could be a tab fault on the panel (which would require a new panel) or a t-con issue. From the first image it looks more like a t-con issue because of the second corrupted line. Is it like this permanently or does it get better after warming up?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
That would almost definitely be a tab fault on the panel. You may have some success putting some pressure on the tabs of the panel (with the back of the set removed) and maybe wedging or taping the faulty panel...if not that'll be permanent and will require a new panel to fix. Good luck:)

rodolfocm

Another Striker
That would almost definitely be a tab fault on the panel. You may have some success putting some pressure on the tabs of the panel (with the back of the set removed) and maybe wedging or taping the faulty panel...if not that'll be permanent and will require a new panel to fix. Good luck:)
I will try that...thanks for the information.
The fact that my other TV had similar problem but fixed itself gives me hope that I can fix this TV without much cost...