CMVS RGB Video Stereo Question

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Gathering all my parts to build a CMVS off a MV-1C. I have already set the board up for stereo and was wondering what din output and cable people use? Since the aes and genesis use the headphone port as a stereo breakout. Is there a DIN i can use where I can pick up a pre made scart cable that has stereo through the scart cable itself?

If I use an 8 pin din , it looks like I can repurpose pin 7 or 3 since they are composite sync and composite video and I can use either of those to sync. Wasnt sure what size DIN port to get and what cable I could use that is premade (AES, GENESIS, etc) that I could easily modify to get stereo through the scart connector. I am ordering through digikey if anyone has a part number or something, thanks!

Last edited:

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
If you decide to use the standard DIN-8 plug, retro_console_accessories makes a stellar Scart cable with stereo breakout (fully shielded/grounded). It's what I use for MVS & CD.

You can make a custom DIN-8 cable with the extra stereo channel on one of those two lines. The problem you'll run in to trying to find a pre-made cable is that most, maybe all, will only have 7 wires inside (either c-sync or composite video, but not both).

Last edited:

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Ahh ok, i just bought a matching 8 pin dim socket and connector, Ill just buy a scart cable and cut off one end and wire it for stereo =)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On my builds for CMVS and supergun, I repurpose pin 7 to Audio R.

mikejmoffitt

Mickey's Coach
If you're still at the design stage, I'll recommend using a VGA port for RGB signals, wiring R, G, B, and Sync to pins 1, 2, 3, and 13. That way it matches up nicely with the common VGA to BNC cables available, and there's a good chance it'll "just work" with many projectors.