Time for a CAP Kit?

mrjiggs

Kabuki Klasher
Picked up a Super Buster Bros the other day but the monitor is fuzzy and up top the balls are garbled. Cap Kit? anyone know what kind of monitor this is? Looks like some of the pots were replaced, I messed with all the pots but cant get monitor to resize or the ripple up top to fix. Any info would be appreciated, thanks guys!

IMG1.jpg

IMG2.jpg

IMG3.jpg

IMG4.jpg

IMG5.jpg

IMG6.jpg

IMG7.jpg

IMG8.jpg

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
that hitachi label should identify what monitor it is.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I did not I don't have a degaus tool :( someone did say it appears to be a whole k4600 though

Degauss won't help that. Start with a cap kit and look for the 50/60hz pot that is present on so many wells monitors (can't remember if 4600 has that pot or not).if it does Give it a slight turn in either direction until it straightens out on the top. If it does not have that pot then adjust the holds and cross your fingers :-) the fuzziness hopefully will improve some with the cap kit, you may also need to replace the fly back as focus can drift pretty bad if it's weak. (Probably a good idea anyway since your rebuilding the monitor). One other problem you could have would be a bad tube. You might sharpen it up a bit with a rejuve if you have access to one but worst case is you will then have a fully rebuilt k4600 chassis and those are worth about 125 and you can then go buy a a working monitor if you have to sell it :-)
Tl,dr
Try a capkit and see what happens, good luck.

DaveyDarko

n00b
Adjust your H hold.

I have a similar issue and this fixed the squiggle at the top of the screen!
Now I need to adjust my H-Size, but I have to order the plastic tool to do so.

Thank you Xian Xi!

Last edited:

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
I think I have this same sort of issue. Did you ever get it worked out? I'm currently waiting for a complete set of caps to arrive tomorrow but so far I have reflowed all the solder point but have yet to test it. My monitor doesn't have a H. Hold.

Picture isn't my monitor but literally the exact same issue. The distortion is still and doesn't move at all.
16gbms7.jpg

MidnightAbyss

Mr. Big's Thug
Got this fixed awhile back and suddenly remembered I posted this here. I recapped every single damn board in this monitor (four total) and it fixed everything. The set looks much better now too.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The tricky things with caps is that they don't have to show any visible signs of aging. Sometimes they bulge or leak but a lot of the time it's just a normal looking cap but it's dry as hell inside.

mikemann

Quiz Detective
***edit - necro post***

No need to continue the ressurection

Last edited: