MV2F Memory Card Reader Replacement

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

Has anyone ever replaced the memory card reader module on an MV2F board with a stock part? It seems like there is likely a suitable replacement available, which wouldn't require sac'ing a MV-IC board, or finding a MV2F parts board to salvage the memory card reader from.

The card guide that screws down shouldn't need to be replaced, but the pins on my connector are totally jacked beyond repair.

NeoTurfMasta, if you see this, does your NeoCardMasta board use the same reader as on an MV2F and is this a stock part that can be found online?

NCMkit.jpg

Here's what I turned up from a cursory search on Digkey:
http://www.digikey.com/product-sear...s/memory-connectors-pc-cards/1442985?k=pcmcia

I'm mostly interested in something that will be a drop in replacement, so that the through hole pins will match up on the MV2F and not need some crazy rewiring mess.

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be provided!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It wouldn't work, the pins are in a different configuration than the stock ones.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
It wouldn't work, the pins are in a different configuration than the stock ones.

Hmm, bummer. Thanks for the quick reply. You wouldn't happen to have a reader from a parts board that you'd sell, would you?