Progbk1 pcb info?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Hello!
I have gotten a big bunch of puzzle bobble bootlegs in a trade that look kinda terrible that I thought I could use for some experiments. They do have original boards inside. Cha256 / bk1

What I am wondering is the biggest possible eproms/eeproms that I can use? I read in the neo dev wiki that the pcbs are designed for some sizes but maybe it's possible to use bigger sizes with some rewiring?

Some games do have bigger P roms.. 2x 4mb
Is it possible to modify a progbk1 board to use 2x 4mb P roms?

King of fighter's 2003 have 2x 4mb roms for p1 and p2 for example.

I know they are encrypted releases but there are also decrypted ones and that would be so fun to make a "own" kof 03 for example and try out the hacks :D to get some use of the bootlegs.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Legend says if you go camping, those boots are good firestarters :cool:

Just keep the eproms for further use and ditch the rest!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
For use with eproms:

BK1
-----
P1- 160
P2 - 322
V1-V4 - 160 (322 if you can find 8 bit mode ones).

-----
8 x 322

You can mod the boards of course to use bigger roms but you would need to wire in a circuit for the /OE /CE lines most likely.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
For use with eproms:

BK1
-----
P1- 160
P2 - 322
V1-V4 - 160 (322 if you can find 8 bit mode ones).

-----
8 x 322

You can mod the boards of course to use bigger roms but you would need to wire in a circuit for the /OE /CE lines most likely.

Yeah I was kinda wondering if that's possible for the P rom slots. Since they are to small for newer games that use 4mb files :(

The pcbs are nice but the eproms/eeproms they have used are to small to use for anything. . The boot version of puzzle bobble has really small files somehow :(.

Thanks for the info though!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Just use them with smaller games. If you get a game that uses 1 x 4Mb P1 (and there's no P2) then you can split the P1 into 2 x 2Mb ROMs and provided you have the board jumpered correctly I think it should work. It certainly works with VROMs and C ROMs. The jumpers are often the difficulty.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Just use them with smaller games. If you get a game that uses 1 x 4Mb P1 (and there's no P2) then you can split the P1 into 2 x 2Mb ROMs and provided you have the board jumpered correctly I think it should work. It certainly works with VROMs and C ROMs. The jumpers are often the difficulty.

Ah I see! Well at least they can become better than they are now :).
Puzzle bobble is nice also but not x10 ;)