Search Function- 4 letter limit

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Why can't the Search function use words with less than 4 characters- like Neo, Geo, AES, MVS, SNK, ADK, CDZ, KOF, MAS, NGH, NOS, PCB, RGB, ROM, SVC, etc.
It's so f***ing annoying. Google has no problem with words less than 4 characters.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Even if it would let you, you would spend an eternity going through threads.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Even if it would let you, you would spend an eternity going through threads.
what do you mean, that I would do that? or that it would still be hard to find anything?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
what do you mean, that I would do that? or that it would still be hard to find anything?

There are too many threads/posts containing those words so they are not really useful for searching. It's likde googling "the".

Regards.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

The latter. I don't know what you do with your time.

There are too many threads/posts containing those words so they are not really useful for searching. It's likde googling "the".

Regards.

Exactly.

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
The latter. I don't know what you do with your time.
I need to find better uses of my time, than searching for posts/threads, and posting on a message board.

Regards.
I just tried googling "the", and got 25 billion results. I searched for "a", and it was the same no. of results. So, 25,270,000,000 must be the limit on how many results it can give you.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
So you can't buy anything good in the Marketplace and you think the search function sucks. Anything else about this place you don't like?

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just tried googling "the", and got 25 billion results. I searched for "a", and it was the same no. of results. So, 25,270,000,000 must be the limit on how many results it can give you.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I vote Joe8 can and should use the Fword wherever he wants its not like its not right over there as part of his rank anyhow so censoring it is futile

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I vote Joe8 can and should use the Fword wherever he wants its not like its not right over there as part of his rank anyhow so censoring it is futile
I'm doing it myself (censoring the word f***)

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I'm doing it myself (censoring the word fuck)
I knew that, the can part was for the bosses and the should part, it seems you listened to.

Yeah I thought the mods had edited out a swear:annoyed: #not here...you wouldn't hab dat reank

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I knew that, the can part was for the bosses and the should part, it seems you listened to.

Yeah I thought the mods had edited out a swear:annoyed: #not here...you wouldn't hab dat reank
But it sounded like you thought I was censoring it.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
That's weird! I search for "tard" and it shows me a list of all of joe8's posts.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

I'm doing it myself (censoring the word f***)

But it sounded like you thought I was censoring it.

:scratch: Yeah I thought that especially after you said you were(middle post). it makes it confusing when you suggest it wasn't you (last quoted post) but that middle one used to have it spelled out...is a mod actually censoring the Fword out even if its pretty much part of your name?:spock:

Joe8 confuses me! if anyone should be able to understand him...

Last edited: