Street Fighter Zero 2 with bad graphics

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
A friend brought this board, we gave it a good cleaning, changed the A board, reseated all the Roms, but nothing changes.

IMG_20150327_235051205.jpgIMG_20150327_235057852_TOP.jpgIMG_20150327_235046673.jpg

Any ideas of what's going on?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Looks like bad connection between A and B boards. Try reseating them several times.

If that doesn't help, you can try cleaning the connectors.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Probably a bad connection between A & B board as kuze says. Could be a bad GFX rom as well though. If you can try and dump them and check them in MAME's romident.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Take the B board out of the shell and connect just the bare PCB to the A board, push it down SNUG. If you still have the issue then it is almost assuredly a rom issue.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Take the B board out of the shell and connect just the bare PCB to the A board, push it down SNUG. If you still have the issue then it is almost assuredly a rom issue.

Good tip, but in some cases that seems to make it too snug and the game won't boot at all. Definitely worth trying though.

Hitokiri

Crossed Swords Squire
Thanks for the replys so far
I did try the "naked" B approach, I did it with 2 diferent A boards.
but I didn't really take a good look at the connector of the B board, I'll just use some DeoxIT on it and see what happens.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Thanks for the replys so far
I did try the "naked" B approach, I did it with 2 diferent A boards.
but I didn't really take a good look at the connector of the B board, I'll just use some DeoxIT on it and see what happens.

look for bent pins

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I once found a B board with the exact same problem and it was one of the custom chips that had 2 bent legs touching together. Until today i have no idea how that happened if the B board was closed in it's plastic shell...

Bring the board to a good light (if you don't have a proper magnifying glass) and look at it very carefully, specially at the large square custom chips that have "Capcom" silk screened on them.