PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Zero 2 with bad graphics

Hitokiri
03-28-2015, 10:12 AM
A friend brought this board, we gave it a good cleaning, changed the A board, reseated all the Roms, but nothing changes.

Any ideas of what's going on?

kuze
03-28-2015, 10:21 AM
Looks like bad connection between A and B boards. Try reseating them several times.

If that doesn't help, you can try cleaning the connectors.

pulstar
03-28-2015, 10:35 AM
Probably a bad connection between A & B board as kuze says. Could be a bad GFX rom as well though. If you can try and dump them and check them in MAME's romident.

mjmjr25
03-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Take the B board out of the shell and connect just the bare PCB to the A board, push it down SNUG. If you still have the issue then it is almost assuredly a rom issue.

kuze
03-28-2015, 10:52 AM
Take the B board out of the shell and connect just the bare PCB to the A board, push it down SNUG. If you still have the issue then it is almost assuredly a rom issue.

Good tip, but in some cases that seems to make it too snug and the game won't boot at all. Definitely worth trying though.

Hitokiri
03-28-2015, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the replys so far
I did try the "naked" B approach, I did it with 2 diferent A boards.
but I didn't really take a good look at the connector of the B board, I'll just use some DeoxIT on it and see what happens.

Lemony Vengeance
03-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the replys so far
I did try the "naked" B approach, I did it with 2 diferent A boards.
but I didn't really take a good look at the connector of the B board, I'll just use some DeoxIT on it and see what happens.

look for bent pins

_rm_
03-29-2015, 04:10 AM
I once found a B board with the exact same problem and it was one of the custom chips that had 2 bent legs touching together. Until today i have no idea how that happened if the B board was closed in it's plastic shell...

Bring the board to a good light (if you don't have a proper magnifying glass) and look at it very carefully, specially at the large square custom chips that have "Capcom" silk screened on them.