PDA

View Full Version : Naomi to Jamma Question

Ash Burton
03-25-2015, 10:46 AM
I am considering purchasing a Dynamo cab that is currently running a Naomi Net Dim setup. I have ZERO interest in anything post CPS2 and was planning on converting this cab into my CPS2 multi cab. How much work is required and will I need to completely rewire everything? The cab is a H5 standard res monitor if that helps. Thanks!

ReplicaX
03-25-2015, 11:00 AM
If it has a 15k monitor and you are gonna sell off all the Naomi and use it for JAMMA. Then I recommend rewiring it with a full JAMMA Harness.

You will need:
- Full JAMMA harness
- CPS2 Kick harness
- JAMMA PSU

Lemony Vengeance
03-25-2015, 11:18 AM
If it has a 15k monitor and you are gonna sell off all the Naomi and use it for JAMMA. Then I recommend rewiring it with a full JAMMA Harness.

You will need:
- Full JAMMA harness
- CPS2 Kick harness
- JAMMA PSU

it's entirely possible that it IS full jamma and is using a JAMMA to JVS IO (sega OR Capcom). If it's a Capcom IO, you'll have a CPS2 kick harness :).

if it has a jamma to JVS IO, the PSU will be wired to the jamma harness so no need to replace anything. Typically it's not advised to run a netboot setup via power from the IO, but it works... So really, this could go either way.

ReplicaX
03-25-2015, 12:24 PM
it's entirely possible that it IS full jamma and is using a JAMMA to JVS IO (sega OR Capcom). If it's a Capcom IO, you'll have a CPS2 kick harness :).

if it has a jamma to JVS IO, the PSU will be wired to the jamma harness so no need to replace anything. Typically it's not advised to run a netboot setup via power from the IO, but it works... So really, this could go either way.

Correct. The problem is we don't know atm. My response is basically a worst case scenario and even in worse case, it isn't that bad.

Ash Burton
03-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Thanks guys, asking about what you said Lem, will report back.