Naomi to Jamma Question

Ash Burton

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am considering purchasing a Dynamo cab that is currently running a Naomi Net Dim setup. I have ZERO interest in anything post CPS2 and was planning on converting this cab into my CPS2 multi cab. How much work is required and will I need to completely rewire everything? The cab is a H5 standard res monitor if that helps. Thanks!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
If it has a 15k monitor and you are gonna sell off all the Naomi and use it for JAMMA. Then I recommend rewiring it with a full JAMMA Harness.

You will need:
- Full JAMMA harness
- CPS2 Kick harness
- JAMMA PSU

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
If it has a 15k monitor and you are gonna sell off all the Naomi and use it for JAMMA. Then I recommend rewiring it with a full JAMMA Harness.

You will need:
- Full JAMMA harness
- CPS2 Kick harness
- JAMMA PSU

it's entirely possible that it IS full jamma and is using a JAMMA to JVS IO (sega OR Capcom). If it's a Capcom IO, you'll have a CPS2 kick harness :).

if it has a jamma to JVS IO, the PSU will be wired to the jamma harness so no need to replace anything. Typically it's not advised to run a netboot setup via power from the IO, but it works... So really, this could go either way.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
it's entirely possible that it IS full jamma and is using a JAMMA to JVS IO (sega OR Capcom). If it's a Capcom IO, you'll have a CPS2 kick harness :).

if it has a jamma to JVS IO, the PSU will be wired to the jamma harness so no need to replace anything. Typically it's not advised to run a netboot setup via power from the IO, but it works... So really, this could go either way.

Correct. The problem is we don't know atm. My response is basically a worst case scenario and even in worse case, it isn't that bad.