Metal Slug 3 released on PSVITA PS3 and PS4

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
How does this stack up against the Wii VC port? (not MS Anthology. F that S right in the A)

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
Played a lot the XBLA edition, for Xbox 360, and unlocked maybe 75% of the achievements. Solid port.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Any other games getting released by SNK on the network?

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Metal Slug Anthology is considered a poor port? I dont have many problems with it, and it actually has red blood. Ive never played the original game though

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Metal Slug Anthology is considered a poor port? I dont have many problems with it, and it actually has red blood. Ive never played the original game though

Yea it's terrible. I had that game for about a week and then I gave it away.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I have metal slug 3 on psp, wii, ps2, AES and MVS.

Gonna have to pass on the vita port

I will be picking this up. Thanks OP for the info. I love my Vita and any good reason to fire it up is ok by me.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Don't let elitists get you down. That's a pretty decent port considering what it is. All the PS2 single ports were OK as well. Much better than any other ports before it. However emulation wins over any port you can think of.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I am considering buying it for my PS4. Just not sure if I want to double up since I have it for MVS.
$15 for the option of playing it on the couch in addition to Big Red... I'm still on the fence.

Maybe it will be free some month with the PSN membership?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I dunno, SNK stuff rarely shows up for free on PSN, but the Neo stuff has gone on sale from time to time pretty cheap. Maybe we'll have a $2.50 sale sometime.

If this ends up being an excellent port with 2 player online play sign me up. Otherwise, pass.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I dunno, SNK stuff rarely shows up for free on PSN, but the Neo stuff has gone on sale from time to time pretty cheap. Maybe we'll have a $2.50 sale sometime.

If this ends up being an excellent port with 2 player online play sign me up. Otherwise, pass.

Not only a perfect port of the original NEOGEO game, this download ver. of “METAL SLUG 3” includes Online Multiplayer, Trophy Support, as well as a
“Cross Save”, and “Cross Play” feature which will allow any player on PS4TM, PS3TM, and PS Vita to play with users on any of these three
PlayStation platforms.

There's your answer.

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
Metal Slug Anthology is considered a poor port?

My main problem wit the Wii version I had was that it didn't feature Classic Controller support. Because of that I couldn't play it with my Tatsunoko vs Capcom arcade stick and was limited to the wii remote held sideways.

If not for that, I would have kept it.

Still want to get them all on my MVS though. Best way to play :)

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Anyone know which company did the port/emulation?

I just bought the Vita version and Code Mystics did the port.

Played through the first level. So there's a option for scanlines and various screen sizes. You can turn the background image off and configure the buttons, lives, difficulty, etc.

Last edited:

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I just bought the Vita version and Code Mystics did the port.

Played through the first level. So there's a option for scanlines and various screen sizes. You can turn the background image off and configure the buttons, lives, difficulty, etc.

Well, that's disappointing. Does the online work well?

gamerwhat

Mr. Big's Thug
In ranking, are the scores ranked by continues? is there a ranking for co-op (local or online)?

I would have bought it if I hadn't just bought Mercenary Kings. I completely forgot about the MS3 release. I'm curious as to what the online crowd is like for this release.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I would have bought it if I hadn't just bought Mercenary Kings. I completely forgot about the MS3 release. I'm curious as to what the online crowd is like for this release.

Same here. I hope the online has quite a bit of people playing.

Also, welcome to the forums.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

How is mercenary kings btw, the footage looks like an amazing game but I've heard the gameplay consists of missions that make the game tedious, is there truth in this?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
How is mercenary kings btw, the footage looks like an amazing game but I've heard the gameplay consists of missions that make the game tedious, is there truth in this?
this is pretty much nail on the head. the missions are a chore. i just wanted to go nuts killing and upgrading my gear, doesnt really play that way.