Storm Blade pcb .. too bright

MuppeT

War Room Troll
just got a new pcb of a game that i was looking for .. and it seems to have some kind of issue.
It is just too bright.
I tested on both arcade cabinet and super gun same issue. Adjusting the color setting doesn't seem to help.

Seller is OK and i can return it but would like to see if I can fix issue and avoid it.

The darker colors seem ok. But the brighter stages are terrible. Also on the character select screen the faces are completely white almost.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Spoiler:
WP_20150314_005.jpgWP_20150314_006.jpgWP_20150314_007.jpgWP_20150314_008.jpgWP_20150314_009.jpg

Last edited:

MuppeT

War Room Troll
What happens when you adjust the pots (color, and brightness)?

On the supergun / pvm i just can't get to be in playable colors. On the super neo 29 i can get it to be kinda ok if i turn the brighness knob to minimum but it is still too bright. No way I can make the picture crisp by playing with the pots :(

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Check the amp/transistors on the RGB lines, they sometimes die and need to be replaced unless it was replaced with something too strong, you may need to up the resistance after it.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
And you probably want to avoid resting your PCB's over the carpet ;)

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Everyone - thanks for the info. I will return the pcb and see if the guy would like to change the resistors as per jebjebjeb's link in shmups. Really makes me sad as I was looking for this game quite some time :(

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Iirc, Sesame Street is on the East Coast, somewhere near Bustedstr8.

Maybe he can change the resistors for ya.

MuppeT

War Room Troll
Iirc, Sesame Street is on the East Coast, somewhere near Bustedstr8.

Maybe he can change the resistors for ya.

:keke:

I will return to the guy that sold it to me. He will try to fix and if all is good I will buy it back again. I think that is best solution for now. Thanks for the suggestion thou :)