Mrs. Pacman JAMMA versus Non JAMMA

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
So what's the difference between a non JAMMA Mrs. Pacman and a JAMMA one?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
So a JAMMA one would likely do both upright cab as well as cocktail cab?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
A JAMMA one would plug into a JAMMA harness.

I got that part.
Basically, I bought a JAMMA Mrs. Pacman and I can't find a manual to verify whether or not it will do the 2 player flip feature. I want to put it in a cocktail cabinet.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Wouldnt the dip switches be the same? Only difference is the harness, no?

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Someone correct me if I'm wrong...but I didn't think there was even an official Ms. Pacman on JAMMA unless you count the Ms. Pacman/Galaga reunion board. It sounds like it's a bootleg and at that rate would depend on the board.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
JAMMA was not even close to existing when Ms. Pac was released. Either it has an adapter or you have a boot. If you have a boot, all bets are off for DIP functions. Just mess with them and see what happens. Do you have pics of the board?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
JAMMA was not even close to existing when Ms. Pac was released. Either it has an adapter or you have a boot. If you have a boot, all bets are off for DIP functions. Just mess with them and see what happens. Do you have pics of the board?

I got it off eBay. Technically hasn't come yet.
Got it for $50.00 Here's the link:
http://r.ebay.com/3KHP4n

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I got it off eBay. Technically hasn't come yet.
Got it for $50.00 Here's the link:
http://r.ebay.com/3KHP4n

Yeah that's just some boot board, if it won't cocktail flip you could just drop in a 60-1 for 45 bucks that will. You can have it boot straight into ms pac if you are wanting to avoid game select menus.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah that's just some boot board, if it won't cocktail flip you could just drop in a 60-1 for 45 bucks that will. You can have it boot straight into ms pac if you are wanting to avoid game select menus.

Jesus fucking Christ.
What is a fair price for an actual Pacman/Mrs. Pacman board?

Westcb

75-80 shipped in the USA, board runs on AC voltage so you will have to get an adapter to run it in jamma. They come up for sale often on Klov, some guys ask 100 shipped but just hold out and you will find them for less.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Okay, thanks dude.
I got the plans for a cocktail cab so my dad and I are going to make a reproduction out of oak. I was thinking of either doing a switcher board with Galaxian and some sort of Pacman game or going for the dual game board. That's the anniversary board right?

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
That's a legit Pac.

The 20th Reunion board is a tiny jamma board.

galaga-mspac-combo-pcb.jpg

Westcb

Like busted said, that is a pac board, ms pacman would also have a daughter board with a ribbon cable going to where the z80 chip is. Although I have seen single board ms pacman hacks/conversions. Because they run on AC voltage the finger boards usually look a little messed up like that one in the pic. The small jamma ones that are reunion are usually like 250+
I'm not an advocate of 60 in 1s, just suggesting if your doing pac. Now if you are willing to invest about 300 the arcadeSD board is really nice, saves high scores, and supports quite a few games. I have had a few cocktails and when I end up with one again I will definitely grab one of those boards unless someone comes out with something better.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm weird about Multi game boards.

For some reason, even though I'm building a replica, it has to have a genuine & original board inside there.

Just can't let go of that for some reason

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
With that multiboard you can actually turn off all of the games and it will only boot to that game if you wish. I had a legit Ms Pac-Man and sold it off due to the fact that the multi has both reg Ms Pac and fast Ms Pac. I play pretty well and there is virtually no difference even playing into at least lvl 55. Just food for thought.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I advocate the use of 60-1 big time. Best 60 bucks you'll ever spend. Reunion boards are super nice and tiny just like the 60-1 except they are an arm and a leg for what they are.

Stick with what you got though, you already spent the money anyway. Hey the auction info says it has the fast roms installed, ask if you can get a set of regular speed roms in case you wanna play the real thing unaltered.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I impulse bid on that genuine one...

&...

Got it for $50 including shipping. So it was cheaper than the damn boot.

Does the 60 in 1 also boot with two games if I want it to? Like would it boot to one of the pacman as well as a Galaxian/Galaga?

You're all getting me to consider selling these and getting the 60 in 1...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes.

Hey keep the damn thing and when you manage to find a 60-1 then sell the damn thing.

Westcb

I impulse bid on that genuine one...

&...

Got it for $50 including shipping. So it was cheaper than the damn boot.

Does the 60 in 1 also boot with two games if I want it to? Like would it boot to one of the pacman as well as a Galaxian/Galaga?

You're all getting me to consider selling these and getting the 60 in 1...

You will have to sell one or the other since one will need a pacman power supply and the other will need a standard switching power supply. If you get a 60 in 1 you could also use a ATX power supply :-) decisions....

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Ugh. I got myself into more propriatary shit didn't I...

I just really wanted the original...

Anyone recommend a good source for the 60 in 1?

Seems like the best choice for the cabinet, you've convinced me...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Would someone mind posting a link to the 60 in 1 board they'd recommmend?