Double Dragon Video Sync Issue

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I have to ask, where are you buying all these problematic boards from?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Also, if you want a sync stripper, do yourself a favor and just buy one of bustedstr8's boards.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I have to ask, where are you buying all these problematic boards from?

The converters or the arcade boards?
The GBS-8200 converters are from Gearbest, on sale for $16.something.
I don't think the arcade boards are the issue honestly.

Also, if you want a sync stripper, do yourself a favor and just buy one of bustedstr8's boards.

I'm currently cut off from the marketplace here so...
Also I'm looking to spend less by doing things myself, I also want to learn so I don't have to ask so many damn questions and can eventually actually help some other noobs.
How much are this guys sync strippers? I wouldn't mind having one that worked right so I had something to go by when I make my own.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Anyone listening to the audio in the video, you know why the audio makes that tapping sound?
It does that when hooked up direct to a speaker as well as in a line to RCA converter.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
The converters or the arcade boards?
The GBS-8200 converters are from Gearbest, on sale for $16.something.
I don't think the arcade boards are the issue honestly.

Also I'm looking to spend less by doing things myself, I also want to learn so I don't have to ask so many damn questions and can eventually actually help some other noobs.
How much are this guys sync strippers? I wouldn't mind having one that worked right so I had something to go by when I make my own.

My sync strippers won't help as a guide to build your own since they're made with smaller smd components, but if you want one they are on Klov as well.

Shameless plug.
Spoiler:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=338980

16224794378_1a5168743b_c.jpg

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Your sync strippers look pretty darn cool! How much are they ?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

You have the option of BOTH now...

I've been keeping my eye on a lot of people... and I deem your efforts enough to give you your privileges back...

xROTx

PS. Good luck with the projects...

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
You have the option of BOTH now...

I've been keeping my eye on a lot of people... and I deem your efforts enough to give you your privileges back...

xROTx

PS. Good luck with the projects...

Wow,
That's a lot sooner than I thought any change would happen,
Thanks dude!
It's been a pleasure and an honor being a part of this community. A lot of good people looking to help eachother out. I think that rocks.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Wow,
That's a lot sooner than I thought any change would happen,
Thanks dude!
It's been a pleasure and an honor being a part of this community. A lot of good people looking to help eachother out. I think that rocks.

Don't blow smoke up my ass... I'd happily funster your account for laughs....

xROTx

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If you're using the GBS8200 on that you have to use the AUTO button to get sync.
A lot of boards are bitchy with that upscaler. You really need a sync cleaner to use with the GBS.
Otherwise you'll have trouble with most boards.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Don't blow smoke up my ass... I'd happily funster your account for laughs....

xROTx

I don't know what funster means...

& I was just saying that stuff in general terms. My hobbies keep me sane.
When I saw your post I got really happy.
So, view it as you may dude. I'm just in a really good mood is all.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
My sync strippers won't help as a guide to build your own since they're made with smaller smd components, but if you want one they are on Klov as well.

Shameless plug.

I got my sync strippers in.
It completely solved my X-Men sync issue.
I think the double dragon sync issue has to do with power filtering.
I had noticed a power filter cap was missing. And took the identical one off my parts board, didn't fix the problem. Then I took one off the parts board again. Didn't fix the problem.
The sync stripper steadied the gameplay part more so, but un steadied the title screen. This tells me that it's more so an issue with the power smoothing... Anyone think I'm completely off here?
Any help would be appreciated. Remember. I'm a noob.
And if anyone is selling a Double Dragon PCB for a super great price please let me know. I'd still like to get this one working but at this rate don't think it'll happen by the time of my bday thing where I want it set up to play.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
DD runs at an oddball 57.5Hz that will give most modern digital displays problems.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What about a 2005ish CRT?
It does the same on my insignia CRT. Think I got in 2004-2005

TVs are made to display a 60hz signal. Depending on the brand it will have a wider scan range, I don't know if they will go down to 57.5hz though as some have trouble at 59hz.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Any tutorials out there?

something weird about all this, when I hold the two soldered points for where the wires come off the sync stripper and meet the wires to the converter and from the board with my bare hands and hold them real tight the jumpy picture almost completely stops. It's weird. Like having the sync current run and meet through my body corrects it like 98%. That mean I'm helping to ground the signal?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A pull down resistor is just a resistor connected to ground. So you would connect one end to the sync where you are touching it and the other end to ground. Try a 1k resistor.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
A pull down resistor is just a resistor connected to ground. So you would connect one end to the sync where you are touching it and the other end to ground. Try a 1k resistor.

If the lowest resistor I happen to have is 4.7k would it be okay to try that? Or better to order the 1k?