Atomiswave recommendations?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi

I bought an atomiswave board recently from Muppet (still in transit, thanks man!!) and I am planning on using it with the stereo sound output and the VGA output, connected to a PC monitor. My questions are:

1. What is the best PSU to use with this? from what I've read, this board requires +12V and +5V, which PSU would you recommend? getting an ATX PSU? or getting an arcade PSU? I've considered the picoPSU, are they good for this?

2. Which kind of connector does the stereo output use? I saw in the manual it's some kind of 10-pin cable, but no clue if it's proprietary or I can get it off the shelf.

3. I plan to get Metal Slug 6 for this, but it's an expensive game (on ebay at least). Are the boots 100% the same, or do they have issues?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Any of those PSU's will work as long as it has enough "juice" to support it.
I would go with an arcade PSU anyday.

Can't really answer the rest.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It is a proprietary connector, but you can tap line level audio from the motherboard, I have a little headphone jack on mine.

All the boots work 100% fine, with the exception of some early Sam Shodown 6 boots had some minor glitching.

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
ITS not proprietry its a orderable part by jst xh series if i remember

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Thanks a lot for the replies guys, will order the parts, and when assembled, I'll share my experience here (with pics, LOL). Gonna also order a Metal Slug 6 from Aliexpress.