need some suggestions for joystick bumpeds on my mvs

ThGame

Geese's Thug
I have an issue i just noticed for the first time on my player 2 joystick. I just bought the whole cabnet a few weeks ago and noticed that the 1st player joystick unit had been replaced but the second was older. I just realized that when playing fighting games i tested player 2 and fireball moves weren't working at all. Looked underneath and saw that the little metal bumpers by the movement buttons werent present.

So the big question is... is there an easy "red green" fix for this?? Or do i need to buy a new joystick unit? If so whats the best site to buy from?

IMG_4702.JPGIMG_4708.JPGIMG_4709.JPG

Last edited:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
My 4 slot cab has that joystick in the second pic in there. Sometimes the actuator misses or catches the microswitch on its side and doesn't trigger easily. I put some rubber bands beneath the shaft on the topside as a ghetto fix to change the pivot point. This allows the actuator to correctly hit the microswitches as well as increasing its sensitivity by raising the ratio of the length of the joystick above the pivot point to that of below it.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
My 4 slot cab has that joystick in the second pic in there. Sometimes the actuator misses or catches the microswitch on its side and doesn't trigger easily. I put some rubber bands beneath the shaft on the topside as a ghetto fix to change the pivot point. This allows the actuator to correctly hit the microswitches as well as increasing its sensitivity by raising the ratio of the length of the joystick above the pivot point to that of below it.

Ill definitely give that a go. Sounds like it would stay and give the square a more rounded shape which would work well.

Out of curiosity where do you guys get these types of parts from? Im sure theres a few reputable sites out there for this type of stuff?

Again I appreciate the help!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I got the parts from a local arcade shop (there are several around my neighborhood). Unfortunately ever since the stick modding craze of SFIV started, the supply of old Happ parts have already run dry.

ThGame

Geese's Thug

Went and grabbed a few elastic bands off of broccoli at the grocery store today lol. They are working great. Just had a couple buddies over tonight and it withstood a full night of fighting games And neo golf haha. So for now im all fixed up.

Thanks