Possible Naomi I/O issues or settings?

Rugdoctor

New Challenger
Hi all,

Lately I got a couple of tests done on my recent Naomi related haul. The 2 burning questions I have was 1. Whether the two Naomi 2 motherboards I got are fully functional from Highway Entertainment and 2. Will the Clone I/O from Aliexpress is rubbish.

The clone I/O: Comes with the JVS power plug but no housing on the actual I/O itself lol

IMG_0379.JPG

The cps2/3 Kick harness, too bad the header of the harness does not fit inside of it unless you shave some plastic off. Which I will do on the I/O.

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0363.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

BUT...this happened when I went to the test screen to check how the I/O is handling the controls, bear in mind I have not attach the kick harness yet.

2015%2B-%2B1

And the (locked) activated button is indeed button 6 as I can confirm it when I went into mvc2's test menu. Upon changing the jumper to 4 players mode, 3P has button 3 (or 4) locked but all the rest is fine.

I tried both mobos and both I/O and on a Blast City and OKbaby yielding the same results.

Anyone has any clue how to remedy this? ;)

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Do you have a real Sega I/O to test with. I've never used 3rd PT ones. The only time Ive had lockouts on buttons like that was someone wiring incorrectly or a control actually stuck in state.

Rugdoctor

New Challenger
I only have a Naomi universal cabinet to try, it's native JVS though. Will give it a crack anyway.

Rugdoctor

New Challenger
Problem solved. JAMMA output of I/O has Shot 6 incorporated into pin 27, fucken Blue Elf boards fucks everyone over.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A Rug Doctor huh, tell me of your powers.