Scanline issue on XRGB-mini Framemeister

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've got my supergun wired up to my XRGB-mini Framemeister via the front RGB minidin connection. I'm trying to get the scanlines to look right, but having a problem where I'll have 6 normal scanlines and then 2 that seem to be darker and stand out in a distracting way.

I have my XRGB-mini set on "720p" and "Picture."
V WIDTH = 32
SCAN_A = 90 (80 looks too dark to me)

I can't get it to let me change SCAN_B_EVEN or SCAN_B_ODD, so those are the default.

Thoughts?

20150212_002750_zpscxu5qelm.jpg

20150212_002746_zpsixvkg7u4.jpg

sparksterz

Camel Slug
You should be able to alter Scan even/odd...not sure why it's locked for you...I can check on my XRGB when I get home, but I know I have to adjust it every time I hook up my Omega

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Which game is that? One of the pgm titles or sh3?

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Update: I changed the output resolution on the XRGB-mini to 480p and the scanline issue cleared itself right up.

The problem is still there if I switch to 720p, but given I'm sitting like 2~3 feet away from this LCD screen and the difference between 480p and 720p is negligible with scanlines and the other settings, I'm prone to leave it put as it looks just about perfect.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Update: I changed the output resolution on the XRGB-mini to 480p and the scanline issue cleared itself right up.

The problem is still there if I switch to 720p, but given I'm sitting like 2~3 feet away from this LCD screen and the difference between 480p and 720p is negligible with scanlines and the other settings, I'm prone to leave it put as it looks just about perfect.

Glad you found a work around. What firmware version are you running? Iirc the earliest firmware had some scanline bugs they fixed later, but I thought only 1080p was affected.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Glad you found a work around. What firmware version are you running? Iirc the earliest firmware had some scanline bugs they fixed later, but I thought only 1080p was affected.

I have the current firmware loaded: 1.11

But yes, my color buttons originally didn't work when I got it, so I upgraded it.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
I have the current firmware loaded: 1.11

But yes, my color buttons originally didn't work when I got it, so I upgraded it.

The problem is not all displays scale 720p correctly. When this happens scanlines can look wonky/incorrect. My TV and pc monitor had a similar issue. Sadly aside from adjusting the scanline options and size options on the monitor you are kind of SOL if the monitor does not scale it right.