For those with kids, which games do they like?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Have you ever sat your kids down to look at screenshots/videos of the Neo library, and asked which ones interest them?

Which games look cool from your kids' perspective, and what draws their attention?

lord7289

n00b
My lad loves League Bowling, it's simple and eye-catching. He also takes an interest in World Heroes 2, I think this is down to Captain Kidd as he loves all things pirate related.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
My lad loves League Bowling, it's simple and eye-catching. He also takes an interest in World Heroes 2, I think this is down to Captain Kidd as he loves all things pirate related.

I admit your intro thread mostly inspired this topic, along with the guy asking about obscure games. I figure to kids just looking at screenshots, nothing is out of the question.

Edit: Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Not my kid, but i have a couple of young cousins that are at the age where I could have spawned them. They call me Uncle Geo, even though they are technically cousins. Whenever they come by, I set them up with the SNES and they love Disney's Aladdin and Super Mario World due to the bright colors and the characters that they can identify. I havent tried the Neo yet, as I have acquired a lot of Neo stuff since their last visit, but I feel some Metal Slug or Spinmaster would be awesome for them (they're boys, so destruction is only natural)

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
if you just stick with NeoGeo Games, my daughter likes Blues Journey :glee:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
if you just stick with NeoGeo Games, my daughter likes Blues Journey :glee:

My kids (aged 5 & 6) love this one, too. Puzzle Bobble 2 is another huge fave.

They get a kick out of Battle Flip Shot, too.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The only game my 2 year old has ever shown interest in is Bonk's Adventure.

EtotheNGSPD

Mr. Big's Thug
My son (9 years old) loves the metal slug serie. He says metal slug is "Call of Duty in 2D".

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
My son 7 really likes SamSho II. He uses Seiger and cam actually beat the game. He also seems to like KOF 2000 more than the other KOF games.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
He also seems to like KOF 2000 more than the other KOF games.

what_have_you_done_face_by_peteypiranha128-d3pbwit.jpg

Kef9

Crossed Swords Squire
My son who is 5 loves Blazing Star.

I use to make him invincible but now I give him a load of credits instead to see how far he gets. He will play it for hours lol

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
My 6 year old has a few that he likes. It started with anything Metal Slug or "Heavy Machine Gun" as he calls it. His favorites right now are Spin Master and Shocktroopers 2nd Squad. He also likes Neo Bomberman, Flip Shot and NITD.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
When we've had kids over and they've played my Neo cab, it's all about flashing colors and shooting things. Metal Slug and Strikers 1945 Plus are definitely the two most popular games with the kids we know.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
my young cousins love playing the fighting games such as kof and samurai shodown. they also love playing top hunter but thats about it

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
ng121414_zpsdgmxrtyy.jpg

My nephews playing Robo Army. Cause robots punching robots.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
My daughter loves SpinMaster and the first Fatal Fury... She got pretty good at those on the Neo Geo X and likes them on the cabinet too... Box art doesn't have much play in it because most of my stuff is MVS.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Our two year old loves anything colorful. Blazing Star and MOTW has been a favorite of his.

He LOVES cockpit driving games. Daytona, Outrun, and even that new Batman driving game seem to be his favorite games to play.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
KOF's Chin seems to amuse the young crowd. He's the most fun in XIII cause of drinking to win (love watching him get shit faced), but his antics in the older gets em going.

kraquepype

Armored Scrum Object
My Daughter got started with the Neo Geo X, and really likes Fatal Fury 1, and any of the beat-em-ups. We beat SpinMasters together on my 2slot cab and got to the end of Fatal Fury... Geese is a cheating mother fucker. She also likes Shock Troopers.

landsharkzero

New Challenger
My son who is 12, likes the Baseball Stars games and Super Baseball 2020. I try to play fighting games with him, but he just can't get into them. He will , however, play Smash Bros for Wii U.