Boot MVS

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
So I was reading that it's against te rules to sell bootleg carts, I remember a while back there were occasional boot MVS carts I saw go through the market. Was that because the rules weren't enforced at the time? Or did I not read the market rules correctly?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
For a long time that rule has been rather lax. Usually MVS boots are okay to sell if they're cheap or free. AES bootlegs are still never allowed to be sold under any circumstance.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
its kind of a gray area. Usually if someone wants to sell a bootleg cart. They wait until they have other carts too sell, and sell it for dirt cheap with the purchase of another cart.

But they are always clearly noted. So there wont be any confusion.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
its kind of a gray area. Usually if someone wants to sell a bootleg cart. They wait until they have other carts too sell, and sell it for dirt cheap with the purchase of another cart.

But they are always clearly noted. So there wont be any confusion.

Exactly. Being up front about the item as a boot made the sale tolerable. Now if someone sold a boot as a legit cart, that's different.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You will also find that most established members usually give boots away for nothing or near nothing.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Alternatively, converting the boots into something like Ghostlop or Ironclad means that those are no longer boots.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Alternatively, converting the boots into something like Ghostlop or Ironclad means that those are no longer boots.

However most boots I've seen have some custom boards with SMD chips. those are a lost cause regarding conversions/reuse of their parts.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
One of these days I want to pick me up a Metal Slug 6 Boot. Do they work well?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Why buy a boot cart of a single hack when you can just buy a multicart with Metal Slug 6 included?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
However most boots I've seen have some custom boards with SMD chips. those are a lost cause regarding conversions/reuse of their parts.

The cart shells and divider are still usable.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Depends on the shipping option...hopefully that's not a price for surface mail.