Capcom CPS2 A Replacement Buttons

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
***UPDATED POST***

Hey everyone, many of us have had the buttons bust off of A boards in the recent years from wear and tear, or the plastic simply getting older.

A couple weeks ago I had the buttons modeled in 3D. The second prototype came and I am extremely happy with it. The fit is much better and so is the materials. It's printed using their polished flexible plastic option and I am pretty happy with the results.

15992854994_7b788dc17c_c.jpg

16407756017_c3fb79a6e9_c.jpg

15992857714_53034ce7f1_c.jpg

16615039315_ca6b3e2070_c.jpg

Excited for some of you to get your hands on this and feedback is REALLY appreciated! If any of you have any fitting issues please let me know and we can adjust the model accordingly. I've tested this print on 3 CPS2 boards and they all seem fine!

***PURCHASING***

Starting today you'll be able to order through Shapeways. Material cost is higher than one would expect so I have it priced at $12 right now which I think is more than reasonable to save an otherwise working CPS2 A board.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/4AQJ6TAMP/capcom-cps2-volume-test-buttons

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Nice, I need 2x of these, wouldn't mind having spares either.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
Very cool, I actually had one break on me yesterday...it scared me pretty good until I realized what it was, I picked up the board and heard something rattle around. Do they offer color printing services at Shapeways?

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Very cool, I actually had one break on me yesterday...it scared me pretty good until I realized what it was, I picked up the board and heard something rattle around. Do they offer color printing services at Shapeways?

Right now the only material that is verified and tested is the flexible white. I’m still setting up things on Shapeways but in the future we should be able to do a variety of colors.

Ideally, with enough interest, I could get a small run of these done from a plastics company which would be higher quality and we could color match the original blue and green.

jambitboom

Cham Cham's Banana
Right now the only material that is verified and tested is the flexible white. I’m still setting up things on Shapeways but in the future we should be able to do a variety of colors.

Ideally, with enough interest, I could get a small run of these done from a plastics company which would be higher quality and we could color match the original blue and green.

Awesome man, good looks and good luck :)

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
As much as I like sticking a butter knife in the CPS2 when drunk, I'll buy some of those buttons, color be damned.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
The future is now! :keke:

But seriously, nice work man!

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
I was test fitting it on a couple different boards in case of small manufacturing details. I feel like the 4 holes along the bottom side are a bit too tight so I'm opening them up a bit and doing another prototype.

Good news is it will be that much more perfect and less likely to run into any fitting problems.

Bad news is it will take another week or so before another is in my hands.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Outstanding. I'm definitely in for a couple. :)

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
fantastic job.
mines are still in shape but we never know! ;)

congrats

WilalvesBR

NEST Puppet

If they become available in yellow, orange and grey colors i will certainly buy.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
This is really awesome dubdubdub.

If you made some green and blue I will be interested.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Hi again, the second model came in over this weekend and I am more than happy with the results.

First post has been updated with new photos, information and a link to purchase on the Shapeways website.

Unfortunately the lighter green color that Capcom used isn't an option with Shapeways but I've done the latest print in a blue that is a pretty good match.

Looking forward to everyone fixing their boards and hearing your feedback on this.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Hey dub,

1. How far off is the re-placement green color compared to the original green color?

2. And what are the material/design improvements in the second model over the first model.

Got a guy asking about a green one of these.

themisterfalcon

15 Year Member
Hey dub,

1. How far off is the re-placement green color compared to the original green color?

2. And what are the material/design improvements in the second model over the first model.

Got a guy asking about a green one of these.

The green looks darker as far as I can tell, haven't had one done yet but their render samples are pretty accurate.

The new material is smoother and a bit more flexible. And I had the 4 holes that line up on the posts increased from 1mm to 2mm to fit better.