AES/NeoCD arcade stick issues

gtdoering

New Challenger
Recently I've had an issue with one of my NeoCD arcade sticks. When ever you push up :up: the input gets messed up and acts like you input an :upb: up diagonal input. Is there a way to fix this? Or replace the joystick with something better?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Have you disassembled and cleaned the stick? post pics of it. Neo sticks are very simple, just take a look inside, move the lever while looking at it and I'm pretty sure you'll figure the problem out.

Regards.

jozilla

n00b
I have abused the neo geo CD sticks alot, they still working fine, just not perfectly precise as the 330 max stick. Maybe some dirt inside (hands away from brownies while playing :) ) restricts the movement.

gtdoering

New Challenger
Well I took everything apart and cleaned the joystick roller and checked the switches for wear. could not see anything wrong at all. Put it back together and the joystick works like a champ...... I blame gremlins. Thanks for the replies everyone! I apologize for wasting forum space. Not sure what was wrong or what fixed it....

I have abused the neo geo CD sticks alot, they still working fine, just not perfectly precise as the 330 max stick. Maybe some dirt inside (hands away from brownies while playing :) ) restricts the movement.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Well I took everything apart and cleaned the joystick roller and checked the switches for wear. could not see anything wrong at all. Put it back together and the joystick works like a champ...... I blame gremlins. Thanks for the replies everyone! I apologize for wasting forum space. Not sure what was wrong or what fixed it....

Glad you fixed it. It was probably just some dirt inside the microswitches or in the lever.

Regards.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
good to hear it works again... now you could lube it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, I actually have been having some problems with my Ascii Guilty Gear PS2 stick, it keeps stock on the right direction, I took it apart and remove the stick from the harness to see if it was the stick (sanwa stick) and I'm afraid the problem is with the PCB which sucks 'cause there's not much I can do about that, what bothers me the most is that some of the other buttons (Start, Select, etc.) are directly attached to the PCB so it's not like I could just hack a pad and done deal, I would have to modify the original pcb to still use them buttons proper with a hack pad.

Pain in the ass, this stick is way too awesome for this to be happening to it, I love this stick for my PS2 shooties and of course Guilty Gear.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice, I actually have been having some problems with my Ascii Guilty Gear PS2 stick, it keeps stock on the right direction, I took it apart and remove the stick from the harness to see if it was the stick (sanwa stick) and I'm afraid the problem is with the PCB which sucks 'cause there's not much I can do about that, what bothers me the most is that some of the other buttons (Start, Select, etc.) are directly attached to the PCB so it's not like I could just hack a pad and done deal, I would have to modify the original pcb to still use them buttons proper with a hack pad.

Pain in the ass, this stick is way too awesome for this to be happening to it, I love this stick for my PS2 shooties and of course Guilty Gear.

If I ain't wrong, that stick is exactly the same as the SVC Chaos one.
I cannot promise you anything because I did thos years ago, but I took it apart and saved most parts.
I hated that stick. If I still hold the pcb, it's yours