PVM 1341 Horizontal Center

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Hi,

Finally got a PVM, a little 1341. My problem is that with RGB, my picture is shifted to the right by enough that it's annoying. I've done all the adjustments inside but H-Centering is a little weird.

There's a sub-board (QD) that has two horizontal centering knobs, one internal and one external, but the manual says that only applies to the Digital RGB. Moving them does nothing at all.

There's also a large pot on the main (A) PCB marked "H.CENT". It has an effect but seemingly not enough, it's all the way in the direction that goes towards centering it. Moving it the other way worsens the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I would try CAREFULLY spraying the H. CENT pot with some de-oxit. And see if you can follow the traces from it around the board, looking for bad (swollen) caps.

The Webmiester

Pvt. Picklestein,
Oops.

While adjusting it, I think I tapped the heatsink (collector) of Q507 which is a 2SD1134, possibly grounding it, which according to the schematic is the "PIN OUT" transistor. I lost the picture and now when I turn it on I only get a wimpy attempt to charge the tube, lasts about half as long as it normally would, and no glow on the tube.

Anyone know enough about these to know if I might resurrect it by replacing this transistor? Or is this the end of my PVM adventure..

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Might as well try. Transistors are cheap.

And use plastic or insulated tools the next time you go poking around in the guts of a CRT. Touch the wrong thing and you can literally kill yourself.