ST-V board missing right channel audio

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I had picked up a st-v board recently as a backup and upon testing found that the right channel audio doesn't work. Any general pointers on how to diagnose this? I'm not sure if a recap would be in order or if it's more likely a problem with a chip. Thanks!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Are you pulling stereo from the 4 pin header? JAMMA audio is just mono.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Are you pulling stereo from the 4 pin header? JAMMA audio is just mono.

I'm talking about the sounds in the test menu. I get the beep for left, then a pause when it displays 'right', then a beep when it flashes left and right together. I'm running mono over jamma but it should be combining the sound from both channels. On my fully working board I get the beep for the right channel test under the same environments (cab and supergun). On the faulty board it's noticeable that half the sound is gone in game.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
OK, that makes a lot more sense. Unfortunately, I've got nothin' on that one unless there's a setting in test mode for mono/stereo

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
OK, that makes a lot more sense. Unfortunately, I've got nothin' on that one unless there's a setting in test mode for mono/stereo

Yeah there's no setting for that as far as I know. It's not listed under system assignments anyways.